Barb Bliss

How's the weather in your neck of the woods?

12 minutes ago, WxCougar said:

Its been in the upper 80s to lower 90s so its felt so much cooler than when we were in the 100s last week. However, we pretty much look like winter with all the smoke making it look like we are overcast and foggy.

We've been crying for rain here.  If we're lucky, we'll get some of this.  It's swirling back towards me.  Fingers crossed.

image.png.47cf456e7ca3a3eb067d39ba37f5abbc.png

2 minutes ago, Barb Bliss said:

We've been crying for rain here.  If we're lucky, we'll get some of this.  It's swirling back towards me.  Fingers crossed.

image.png.47cf456e7ca3a3eb067d39ba37f5abbc.png

Hope everyone gets rain. We definitely need it.  We've got thunderstorms in the forecast for portion of the area. With monsoon moisture its either going to be really good or really bad depending on how fast they move. (High based storms take awhile to  moisten up a dry atmosphere and thus get the rain from the clouds to the ground). Last thing we need is dry lightning.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, WxCougar said:

Hope everyone gets rain. We definitely need it.  We've got thunderstorms in the forecast for portion of the area. With monsoon moisture its either going to be really good or really bad depending on how fast they move. (High based storms take awhile to  moisten up a dry atmosphere and thus get the rain from the clouds to the ground). Last thing we need is dry lightning.

We didn't get a single drop.  Ugh.

2 hours ago, Barb Bliss said:

We didn't get a single drop.  Ugh.

We got both. Lightning start a couple hours away but we also got rain. I can actually see the sky this morning for the first time in a few weeks.

A light sprinkle is going on.  First rain in 2 weeks!  MAYBE we get a little more than this in a few hours (40%).  Then no more rain in the forecast until Thursday night.  I sure hope Minnie is in that 40%.

It's supposed to start raining around 3-4 today and continue into tomorrow morning. I'll believe it when I see it though...we've been so starved for rain, I don't have high hopes.

4 minutes ago, Adam said:

It's supposed to start raining around 3-4 today and continue into tomorrow morning. I'll believe it when I see it though...we've been so starved for rain, I don't have high hopes.

The radar looks like you are much more likely than I am to get more.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Barb Bliss said:

The radar looks like you are much more likely than I am to get more.

I really hope so. A day off from watering all my landscaping would be a nice treat.

Just now, Adam said:

I really hope so. A day off from watering all my landscaping would be a nice treat.

At this point, I'll take anything that will clean up the air some.  Between the pollen and the forest fire smoke, I've been hiding in my AC.

1 minute ago, Barb Bliss said:

At this point, I'll take anything that will clean up the air some.  Between the pollen and the forest fire smoke, I've been hiding in my AC.

Same here...trapped indoors for weeks now.

• Like 1

Got home from our trip to a half mile visibility in smoke. Not going to be a fun few days.

2 hours ago, WxCougar said:

Got home from our trip to a half mile visibility in smoke. Not going to be a fun few days.

My allergies are on alert because of all the smoke.  Looks like the stupid rain is going to hang out south of us.

• Sad 1

Muggy here until Thursday. Dew points are supposed to drop so we might have the first nice weekend in a long time.

1 minute ago, Adam said:

Muggy here until Thursday. Dew points are supposed to drop so we might have the first nice weekend in a long time.

Of course the weather will be good on Wednesday when I'm trapped in the bowling alley.

39 minutes ago, Barb Bliss said:

Of course the weather will be good on Wednesday when I'm trapped in the bowling alley.

Same here. We got our team back together and start league play tomorrow.

32 minutes ago, Adam said:

Same here. We got our team back together and start league play tomorrow.

Good luck!

This is when it makes up for the winter, and there's not a better place in the world than here.  Dewpoint of 46.  Aaaahhhhhhh.

image.thumb.png.053d8db57877a39c504320ad606d6435.png

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Barb Bliss said:

This is when it makes up for the winter, and there's not a better place in the world than here.  Dewpoint of 46.  Aaaahhhhhhh.

Same here. Some nice weather FINALLY rolled in, and it's supposed to stick around until at least next Tuesday (that's as far out as my weather app goes)

Nice to finally open the house up again!

• Like 1

After seeing this, I have no desire to complain that the temp/dewpoints are up today.  

PLEASE STAY SAFE for all of you being/about to be affected.  20 on my D20 bless for you all.

image.png.c2a60bd69f696862502b90d89ffb6461.png

• Like 2