Barb Bliss

How's the weather in your neck of the woods?

2 minutes ago, WxCougar said:

We are forecasted to hit 104 F by Friday.  Summer is here in the inland Northwest!

Average highs this time of year is 82.  We've already had 4 heat advisories so far.  My poor flowers are getting accelerated to the point, they are only flowering for 40% of the time they should be out. 

14 minutes ago, Barb Bliss said:

Average highs this time of year is 82.  We've already had 4 heat advisories so far.  My poor flowers are getting accelerated to the point, they are only flowering for 40% of the time they should be out. 

With higher humidity, you guys have lower temperature thresholds for heat advisories than we do.  In my neck of the woods, we have to have at least 3 days at or above 100 degrees to issue a Heat Advisory.

I'll take my dry heat ; ). I do not envy you high humidity people.

• Like 2

The hottest I ever experienced in my life was 126 with some humidity.  After surviving that, the 108 we got up to last week didn’t feel so bad in comparison.

As long as the heats dry it’s easy enough to bear up to 115 or so I think past that it’s harder for sure but damn if wet heat isn’t worse. I remember being in New Orleans and wondering how the hell everyone survived living in so much damp heat. After tomorrow it’s back to 100 or over for the next week. Actually today was 100 too? Hmmm didn’t feel much hotter then the rest of the month. Guess it’s just been a warm summer. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ElysianPeace said:

As long as the heats dry it’s easy enough to bear up to 115 or so I think past that it’s harder for sure but damn if wet heat isn’t worse. I remember being in New Orleans and wondering how the hell everyone survived living in so much damp heat. After tomorrow it’s back to 100 or over for the next week. Actually today was 100 too? Hmmm didn’t feel much hotter then the rest of the month. Guess it’s just been a warm summer. 

When a glass of water that's warmer than room temperature sweats, it's miserable out.  That's what we had yesterday.  The dewpoint has backed off to 66 overnight, but will probably climb again as we have another day of heat advisory warnings.

6 minutes ago, Barb Bliss said:

@Adam and @tgpumpkin, The dewpoint is back up to 75, and the temps are climbing (around 90 now).  Hmmmph.

Today turned out not to be as bad as originally forecasted. Dew point is 63, and it's only like 80 out and not sunny which helps. Tomorrow though is supposed to be not so great 😞

Just now, Adam said:

Today turned out not to be as bad as originally forecasted. Dew point is 63, and it's only like 80 out and not sunny which helps. Tomorrow though is supposed to be not so great 😞

Just in time for the weekend.  Perfect.

Just now, Barb Bliss said:

Just in time for the weekend.  Perfect.

Tomorrow is supposed to be the worst, Saturday and Sunday are supposed to be more tolerable.

1 minute ago, Adam said:

Tomorrow is supposed to be the worst, Saturday and Sunday are supposed to be more tolerable.

We're looking at rain potential all weekend long.  Then on Monday, wait for it, sunny and 82.

16 hours ago, Adam said:

It rained like crazy yesterday around dinner time.  Near as I can tell nothing has evaporated.  Every window I've looked out so far is steamed up.  Yikes.

On 7/13/2018 at 7:32 AM, Barb Bliss said:

It rained like crazy yesterday around dinner time.  Near as I can tell nothing has evaporated.  Every window I've looked out so far is steamed up.  Yikes.

So humid here it's almost foggy.  I haven't been outside since around lunch and it was just warming up then to become a sauna.  Late afternoon, it started to cloud up and we could hear thunder in the distance.  Thinking salvation was at hand (and a good night on the deck for grilling once the rain passed), I pulled up the radar to see that it was raining (big, angry orange and red) about 5 miles from us but nothing was moving when I put it into time lapse. Not an inch. I've checked back, and radar says it's been raining a few miles down the road from us most of the afternoon, and we've gotten nothing.  Now it's starting to get light again.

... and we need the rain. It's dry here.

2 hours ago, Zoxe said:

So humid here it's almost foggy.  I haven't been outside since around lunch and it was just warming up then to become a sauna.  Late afternoon, it started to cloud up and we could hear thunder in the distance.  Thinking salvation was at hand (and a good night on the deck for grilling once the rain passed), I pulled up the radar to see that it was raining (big, angry orange and red) about 5 miles from us but nothing was moving when I put it into time lapse. Not an inch. I've checked back, and radar says it's been raining a few miles down the road from us most of the afternoon, and we've gotten nothing.  Now it's starting to get light again.

... and we need the rain. It's dry here.

You forgot to lower the shields.

The humidity finally broke!  When I woke up the dewpoint was 59!  First time it's be under 69 in like 10 days.  I've got the windows wide open, and I'm feeling like I should get up and get a jacket as it's only mid 60's out.  Awesome.

17 minutes ago, Barb Bliss said:

The humidity finally broke!  When I woke up the dewpoint was 59!  First time it's be under 69 in like 10 days.  I've got the windows wide open, and I'm feeling like I should get up and get a jacket as it's only mid 60's out.  Awesome.

I hope that's heading my way now. We're supposed to get rain today which I hope will bring with it lower dew point, right now it's still 71...yuck. My daughter LOVES being outside and apparently 1 1/2 year olds don't care about humidity, so I still spent a majority of my weekend outside. I've never been so happy to go back to work on a Monday before 😄

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Adam said:

I hope that's heading my way now. We're supposed to get rain today which I hope will bring with it lower dew point, right now it's still 71...yuck. My daughter LOVES being outside and apparently 1 1/2 year olds don't care about humidity, so I still spent a majority of my weekend outside. I've never been so happy to go back to work on a Monday before 😄

Everybody's grass (except for mine, as I have no grass in my yard 😉) is really long.  I expect I will be hearing a lot of lawn mowers after work today.

Dew point is now up to 74. Big huge bucket of yuck.

10 minutes ago, Adam said:

Dew point is now up to 74. Big huge bucket of yuck.

I feel your pain.

• Like 1

It was almost perfect here today, but I ended up doing some grocery shopping, cleaning the house, and painting Massive Darkness minis while I watched the Star Wars marathon.  On the less pathetic side, I did have the windows open and was enjoying an occasional nice breeze.

@Serge Darveau I do not envy you!

It was cool and rainy over the weekend, but the dew point was really high so it was still blah. The swampy humidity seems to have broken for the minute, but I think it's supposed to come right back tomorrow 😞