Jump to content
Barb Bliss

How's the weather in your neck of the woods?

Recommended Posts

24 minutes ago, Adam said:

Thankfully Mercifully the misery weekend weather broke overnight and it appears we'll have a little relief for now. Although checking the forecast it's supposed to be back up to 89 by this Thursday.

High today of 88, but it will feel not bad at all.  The dew point is only 63 this morning, so I've got all the windows open to try and blow some fresh air into the house before it get too hot for Barb.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Barb Bliss said:

High today of 88, but it will feel not bad at all.  The dew point is only 63 this morning, so I've got all the windows open to try and blow some fresh air into the house before it get too hot for Barb.

I'm doing the same thing. Sadly...there is not really any wind to move this nice cooler air faster into the house.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Adam said:

I'm doing the same thing. Sadly...there is not really any wind to move this nice cooler air faster into the house.

Get some fans cooking.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Zenithsplendor said:

It is thundering outside. I a sure the rain is about to pour.

I like thunder storms.  My dad and I would sit in the garage and watch them go past.  My mom would hide in the basement.  She thought we were nuts, and we thought she was nuts.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Barb Bliss said:

I like thunder storms.  My dad and I would sit in the garage and watch them go past.  My mom would hide in the basement.  She thought we were nuts, and we thought she was nuts.

I love a good thunderstorm. Sunny and no clouds in the sky gets boring after a while.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Adam said:

I love a good thunderstorm. Sunny and no clouds in the sky gets boring after a while.

Well as long as it's not a finger of God storm.  There was a stretch about 18 years ago, where it was drought like most of the summer, only broken up by storms that would black out the sky, spawn tornadoes, hail, straight line wind.  One time the alarms went off at work and we had to go into the basement for safety.  A guy I sort of knew, said under his breath "I don't want to die with these people."  Larger than golf ball sized hail fell and broke a lot of windshields/dented  up a lot of cars.  One van was blown over.  On the plus side, I got $3000 from my insurance company, and a spent $50 on a "ding king" to fix 90% of the damage.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Barb Bliss said:

Well as long as it's not a finger of God storm.  There was a stretch about 18 years ago, where it was drought like most of the summer, only broken up by storms that would black out the sky, spawn tornadoes, hail, straight line wind.  One time the alarms went off at work and we had to go into the basement for safety.  A guy I sort of knew, said under his breath "I don't want to die with these people."  Larger than golf ball sized hail fell and broke a lot of windshields/dented  up a lot of cars.  One van was blown over.  On the plus side, I got $3000 from my insurance company, and a spent $50 on a "ding king" to fix 90% of the damage.

Yeah, those are not the fun kind of thunderstorms.  Don't like the dry ones either.  We need the rain with the thunderstorms out here, otherwise we end up with half the state on fire.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Another heat advisory here.  I think we've had heat advisories the past 6 out of 7 days.

It's not incredibly hot - 85 or 90 deg F - but the humidity is near 100% and there's no wind.

We're pulling our outdoor cat inside for the day. She's old, and it's not so much fun.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No heat advisory here, but is gonna be warm, humid and no wind today and tomorrow. Trapped inside again, boo!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Adam said:

No heat advisory here, but is gonna be warm, humid and no wind today and tomorrow. Trapped inside again, boo!

75 dewpoint this morning.  Already 81 degrees out at 9 am.  Storm on the way.  It will either be a little better or so much more bad.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We are on our third day of Red Flag conditions (wind and low Relative Humidity leading to dangerous fire conditions). The 4th is always either hot or breezy. Hopefully the wind dies down so we the town fireworks show can happen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I spoke too soon...we have a heat advisory now until 8:00 tonight.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The weather delayed the parade, and it was less populated than normal, including the statue of liberty.  Here are some pics in case you are interested.

Mother loon and her baby sitting on her back.

image.png.cd6ec2ecd1df3d29c91cc4241341c476.png

 

World War II planes flew overhead.

image.thumb.png.5298c022d15aa43bf9ae56fec2dbbedd.png

 

Linda.  We were the 4th boat in the parade.

image.thumb.png.3303d998d211578f9a4c0f666f8e2592.png

 

The pelican took this fourth off.

image.png.24cfe2681f46ebcb915270030a819d6d.png

 

Does DMG have a branch office in St Paul?

image.png.2ba115dd2a89f78052ebf0b733754a36.png

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m in Cleveland with my brother and fam this weekend.  You guys would like him.  He has an incredible beard and plays in a band and is an artist.  I’m trying to coach him to find a job that matches his strengths .  You hiring @Konas ;) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, tgpumpkin said:

I’m in Cleveland with my brother and fam this weekend.  You guys would like him.  He has an incredible beard and plays in a band and is an artist.  I’m trying to coach him to find a job that matches his strengths .  You hiring @Konas ;) 

Hah, yes we are. It sounds like he would fit right in. It's a hell of a commute from Cleveland, though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The wind blew all day yesterday, making for fun vending. We taped everything down. The wind died down right at sunset, allowing for the fireworks show to go on. Not that we stayed that late, we tore down the display and tent at sunset and went home by the time fireworks started. Apparently, despite burning grasses around the butte where the fireworks take place, a small fire started (and was luckily immediately put out).

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Two pictures of the event (not taken by me). One is from the butte looking at the park where we were and the other is a cool picture of the fireworks off the butte.

FB_IMG_1530803881237.jpg

FB_IMG_1530803849710.jpg

Edited by WxCougar
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We kept it quiet for the 4th this year. Saving it for vacation in 2 weeks. We went for a trail run and then played 2 scenarios of Arkham Horror LCG. Have I mentioned before that this game is INCREDIBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, WxCougar said:

Two pictures of the event (not taken by me). One is from the butte looking at the park where we were and the other is a cool picture of the fireworks off the butte.

FB_IMG_1530803849710.jpg

A long time ago, my ex and I were sitting by the river to watch the boat races.  Not far from us, some guys started stringing up "do not cross" yellow tape.  Let's stay here, and see what happens.  What could possible go wrong?  Turns out it they were setting up a fireworks launching pad.  My guess is that we could have never gotten that close now.  We decided to stay because when could we ever get this close again, and wanted to see what was involved.  When they were shooting them off, bits and pieces of burned and exploded cardboard rocket cases were falling all around us, and we could feel the concussive blasts against our bodies.  Stupid to be that close, but it was awesome.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I left the house at 11 am.  It was 77 degrees and the dewpoint was 60 degrees.  When I got out of my appointment 45 minutes later it felt a lot worse out.  I just remembered to look again. (1:30).  Yuck!  The dewpoint climbed 13 degrees in a couple of hours.  😭

image.png.2ad4b86c043b5ced308a08f2135b2bff.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We are forecasted to hit 104 F by Friday.  Summer is here in the inland Northwest!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×