Barb Bliss

How's the weather in your neck of the woods?

6 minutes ago, WxCougar said:

We got about 5 inches of snow and then it cleared up to get single digit lows this morning and fog. Which meant some frost.

20190207_075735.jpg

Could be October for me  :):) 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Serge Darveau said:

Yeah lol. This is getting a bit late in the year for our usual. Its our first real snow all winter (had a dusting in December). Usually January is our cold month.

2 hours ago, Serge Darveau said:

More snow than that has come down in the last 2 hours. lol

4 minutes ago, Barb Bliss said:

More snow than that has come down in the last 2 hours. lol

Should get one more feet of snow tonight :) 

Just now, Serge Darveau said:

Should get one more feet of snow tonight :) 

Ugh.  I don't know how you Canadians stand it.

8 minutes ago, Barb Bliss said:

Ugh.  I don't know how you Canadians stand it.

Living north, there's snow or nice temperature about -20°F/-40°F and add some winds. :) 

dopage.jpg.bd9e11eb73b7f5a2ea61248dae189cd6.jpg

Edited by Serge Darveau
Picture

we are suppose to be getting freezing rain and then rain tonight and tomorrow. should be a nice mess outside.

Barb I'm starting to not enjoy it where I'm currently living i get 4 weeks of what i would call nice weather a year. I can't handle the heat in the summer +30C with high humidity is disgusting. and then the winters tend to be to gross to enjoy either its to cold out to do anything or everything is a sheet of ice or a puddle. Fall is the only nice time we get.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, marsniper_27 said:

we are suppose to be getting freezing rain and then rain tonight and tomorrow. should be a nice mess outside.

Barb I'm starting to not enjoy it where I'm currently living i get 4 weeks of what i would call nice weather a year. I can't handle the heat in the summer +30C with high humidity is disgusting. and then the winters tend to be to gross to enjoy either its to cold out to do anything or everything is a sheet of ice or a puddle. Fall is the only nice time we get.

Spring and Fall are really nice in Minnesota.  3 weeks of winter that truly stink and 3 weeks of summer that truly stink.  The rest is ok as I enjoy the change of seasons.

Drove to work, 50 degrees and fog.  Came home in wind advisories, just above freezing and flooding in our driveway.  I was out with a rake clearing the drain pipe that lets the water from the neighbor's field go under our drive way instead over over it - in the rain, in 30 mph wind.

I was SOAKED!  I may never feel warm again.  It's supposed to be about 15 deg F overnight, quite a temperature shift.

I woke up to -10.  High of 0.  Low tonight of -14.  For @tgpumpkin, the wind is 12 mph out of the north, but the feels like wind chill is only -30 thanks to the dewpoint being a balmy -15.  All said and done, we got just under a foot of snow.  I expect a lot of drifting action today...

19 minutes ago, Barb Bliss said:

I woke up to -10.  High of 0.  Low tonight of -14.  For @tgpumpkin, the wind is 12 mph out of the north, but the feels like wind chill is only -30 thanks to the dewpoint being a balmy -15.  All said and done, we got just under a foot of snow.  I expect a lot of drifting action today...

High is supposed to be 78 today here in Jax.  Perfect walking weather last night.  Walked to a local brewery and had me a delicious oatmeal stout.

• Like 1

Hello from Miami. I am not smiling at all as I type this. Honest!

(Started our day at 2:45 am, 30mph wind at the airport and wind chills well below zero. Direct flught. We had 2nd breakfasts in 80 Dec and sunny).

20190208_103513.thumb.jpg.a2db384530f27840e11cbbd0175e1ead.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Zoxe said:

Hello from Miami. I am not smiling at all as I type this. Honest!

(Started our day at 2:45 am, 30mph wind at the airport and wind chills well below zero. Direct flught. We had 2nd breakfasts in 80 Dec and sunny).

20190208_103513.thumb.jpg.a2db384530f27840e11cbbd0175e1ead.jpg

Geez, that looks nice.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Barb Bliss said:

Geez, that looks nice.

I highly recommend it. I don't tend to get the winter blues but the timing of this trip was perfect.

I made the hotel reservation ages ago, nothing fancy but paid a few bucks more for a bay view. Got a AAA discount and offset the cost. 

Checked in today and found that we were upgraded. We are in a multi room condo, full kitchen, bigger than our starter home. 

Flooding warnings contunued back home, which is interesting because it only got to about 18 today.

1 hour ago, Zoxe said:

I highly recommend it. I don't tend to get the winter blues but the timing of this trip was perfect.

I made the hotel reservation ages ago, nothing fancy but paid a few bucks more for a bay view. Got a AAA discount and offset the cost. 

Checked in today and found that we were upgraded. We are in a multi room condo, full kitchen, bigger than our starter home. 

Flooding warnings contunued back home, which is interesting because it only got to about 18 today.

You are getting excited by a bay view, and I was excited to see ice free concrete on my steps and front walk.  But I did get a gorgeous Chechen dice box today.  It's -8 right now on the way down to a low of -18.

Edited by Barb Bliss
  • Like 1

Today people are complaining that it’s supposed to be a high of 61 here in Jax.  I’m like come on lol.  The colleagues here with me were telling me 90s is their ideal temp with some 80s.  I guess I’m a vampire because ideal would be 60s but love 50s weather too.  

I couldn’t survive in the south.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, WxCougar said:

We are getting another round of snow. Expecting to double what we had on the ground.

I got you beat.  It's hard not to have bad thoughts about that fraudulent snow removal jerk about now.

image.thumb.png.1b29647cd35b1a1fc0075fdc58d95cc4.png

10 hours ago, WxCougar said:

We are getting another round of snow. Expecting to double what we had on the ground.

From a Vindication update.  LOL

Heyo Vindicationists! Hm. No. Vindicants? Vindicans? Help us out here.

We hope you had a fantastic end of your week and are sliding into some delicious weekend plans. Here in the Pacific Northwest of the United States the populace is losing its mind over the inch or two of snow we are expecting to receive in the next few days. Grocery stores are apocalyptic, people are reserving prime locations to abandon their vehicles in ways that will most impede everyone. It’s chaos. We’re mocking, but the reality is this region really isn’t equipped for this and it does grind everything to a halt. So prepare yourselves: we may start seeming a little cabin feverish and zanier than usual. We promise to keep our madness entertaining though. Sorrynotsorry.

30 minutes ago, Barb Bliss said:

From a Vindication update.  LOL

Heyo Vindicationists! Hm. No. Vindicants? Vindicans? Help us out here.

We hope you had a fantastic end of your week and are sliding into some delicious weekend plans. Here in the Pacific Northwest of the United States the populace is losing its mind over the inch or two of snow we are expecting to receive in the next few days. Grocery stores are apocalyptic, people are reserving prime locations to abandon their vehicles in ways that will most impede everyone. It’s chaos. We’re mocking, but the reality is this region really isn’t equipped for this and it does grind everything to a halt. So prepare yourselves: we may start seeming a little cabin feverish and zanier than usual. We promise to keep our madness entertaining though. Sorrynotsorry.

That is the west side. We non-mountain easterners freak out at 6 inches or more. ;). But it has to go over 12 inches for us to stock up from the grocery store.

Edited by WxCougar

We currently have about 6 inches with about 4 more to go by tomorrow. Last night was fun with the snow blowing all over the place as we drove home from our favorite brewery (about an hour drive away). Not our first snow trip to the brewery :).

2 minutes ago, WxCougar said:

We currently have about 6 inches with about 4 more to go by tomorrow. Last night was fun with the snow blowing all over the place as we drove home from our favorite brewery (about an hour drive away). Not our first snow trip to the brewery :).

They sell beer at stores so you can stay home and drink when it snows.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Barb Bliss said:

They sell beer at stores so you can stay home and drink when it snows.

We actually have a decent stock at home but we like hanging out with the brewers. Our truck handles snow pretty well (the car not so much when it gets past half a foot if the road isn't plowed).

We are lucky, two feet of snow just north of us and 30mph wind. We have just the wind and about 7 inches. At least the wind is blowing the snow off the roof for before the next system hits us tonight.