Barb Bliss

How's the weather in your neck of the woods?

3 minutes ago, Serge Darveau said:

100 mm of rain in 3 days, hunters will have a bad surprise when they will be out the woods....

43950438_2076358522404077_3689576709142609920_n.thumb.jpg.b078dc778c039c45091b816b8ef45a1b.jpg43788656_2076358515737411_8788166376595390464_n.thumb.jpg.d24670abe9e3ed5b3110a6fbd3ff6041.jpg

Yeah that will be a bad day for them, wow!

When I woke up on Sunday, it was snowing.  It snowed for at least another 6 hours.  About a half an inch of snow on the grass/trees before it melted about an hour later.  Crap!

It is unseasonably warm here (in the Pacific Northwest)!  Usually by this point the rain and general gloom have set in for the foreseeable future, but apart from one bad week it's been warm and sunny. :)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, LaBelleFleur said:

It is unseasonably warm here (in the Pacific Northwest)!  Usually by this point the rain and general gloom have set in for the foreseeable future, but apart from one bad week it's been warm and sunny. :)

Woohoo another Pac Northwester!

Its been really nice outside lately but I have been stuck indoors with the dreaded cold that has been rampaging.

• Sad 1

9 hours ago, marsniper_27 said:

We had our first bit of snow today. Just some flurries that didn't stick by its starting

I've been snowed on three times already.  Tomorrow is a 20% chance of snow again (down from 50% yesterday).  Yesterday was a gift though.  Almost 70 degrees, so I quickly took a couple of  hours off of work and painted like crazy.  Today, I hope to get the hoses detached and drained, pull the pumps, drain the rain barrels, blow the leaves from the hardscape  onto the gardens, and plant the last 9 bulbs.  If my back/knees hold up,  cut back some more plants.  What I can't get today, I hope to get on Sunday afternoon.

image.png.02ee5744050248ac48e37f3ad65ad8a8.png

We were in Michigan for a family event this weekend.  It was fantastically sunny and relatively warm (mid 50s), then the rain settled in, then we got snow.  None of it stuck, but was fun to watch from the kitchen window.

My phone (Weatherbug app) was blowing up with wind advisories back home.  We got back around lunch today and everyone on the block has wind damage - several bradford pears bit the dust, other tree limbs down.  We cringed as we pulled into the driveway but mostly lucked out.

I lost one fairly tall Ash.  He was maybe 14" at chest height, a big one given the ash bore we have, but was mostly dead from infestation.  Snapped off at about eye level and the rest of him hung up in high neighbors.  If he'd twitched a little more south, we'd be without power and internet after he crashed through the lines to the house.  

• Sad 3

Glad snow is elsewhere. It rained a bit yesterday and overnight. That kept us with a low in the 40s and highs have been in the 60s. 

It's snowing like a madman out.  It started about 30 minutes before rush hour and hasn't stopped.  Barb gives a fist bump as she got the snow tires put on my car today.

When I woke up, it's snowing.  Not sure if it snowed all night, but there is at least a solid .5" of snow on the ground.

It is also snowing here! And it's sticking! And still going!!!

54 minutes ago, Barb Bliss said:

When I woke up, it's snowing.  Not sure if it snowed all night, but there is at least a solid .5" of snow on the ground.

You have more snow on ground than me.

10 minutes ago, Zoe said:

It is also snowing here! And it's sticking! And still going!!!

On the plus side, I got my snow tires on the car yesterday.  On the down side, I don't remember the snow removal guy coming by to renew his contract.  If he's stopped doing that, that will stink.

Woke up to freezing fog. Hoping its temporary but the forecast does not look promising (the fog part, should go above freezing in the afternoon).

Thanks past week has been incredible windy here we lost power last Saturday around 9pm and were so.e of the lucky ones who got it back Sunday around 2. Some people didn't get it back until Thursday. I have just been waiting for this wind to knock a tree through the lines.