Sign in to follow this  
Lindsey

Where to find cool miniatures

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Zoe said:

Okay, wait. Am I reading this correctly? $35 for 12 minis + 1 KS exclusive mini?

Less than $3 / mini, but Shipping will be charged after the campaign.

Edited by LuckyIke

Where to find good mini storage.  Some of these games have hundreds of minis.  I'd like to lean towards the magnet glued to the base of the mini, and have some sort of sliding drawers that attract the magnet.  Given the volume, it's be nice to keep it on the thrifty side. 

31 minutes ago, Barb Bliss said:

Where to find good mini storage.  Some of these games have hundreds of minis.  I'd like to lean towards the magnet glued to the base of the mini, and have some sort of sliding drawers that attract the magnet.  Given the volume, it's be nice to keep it on the thrifty side. 

I have a variety of storage for miniatures. My prepainted plastics and reaper bones miniatures are all kept in tackle boxes. My metal miniatures are on display cases (like those for thimbles or shot glasses).  I have a variety of foam lined cases for traveling with more than one metal mini.

I also have one large book shelf, two smaller book shelves and a store display case on wheels full of miniatures Large, Huge or even bigger.

I think I have a lot of miniatures....

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Barb Bliss said:

Mrs. Zoxe started investing in these for her Super Dungeon Explore.  For other games we are displaying on a bookshelf or in the Ikea Hellquest cabinet.

https://smile.amazon.com/Feldherr-Storage-miniatures-tanks-monster/dp/B00W98CV26/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1532563533&sr=8-3&keywords=feldherr%2Bfoam&th=1

The Husky tackle boxes are especially nice. I have seen others use them for Arkham Horror or x-wing mini games.

20180725_180505.jpg

20180725_180518.jpg

18 minutes ago, WxCougar said:

The Husky tackle boxes are especially nice. I have seen others use them for Arkham Horror or x-wing mini games.

20180725_180505.jpg

20180725_180518.jpg

This looks good for non-painted minis and game components.  What I was hoping for is some metal plates that slide into some kind of rack.  Then I can glue a magnet to the bottom and set them on the metal plates.  Then if I want to travel off site, I can take what I'll need in one of my skirmish boxes.

29 minutes ago, Barb Bliss said:

This looks good for non-painted minis and game components.  What I was hoping for is some metal plates that slide into some kind of rack.  Then I can glue a magnet to the bottom and set them on the metal plates.  Then if I want to travel off site, I can take what I'll need in one of my skirmish boxes.

Only thing like this is DMGs skirmish boxes (at least the magnetic part) that I know of. Others might have other suggestions.

My metal minis go in cases similar to what Zoxe posted or plastic gun or ammo cases with foam.

11 hours ago, WxCougar said:

Only thing like this is DMGs skirmish boxes (at least the magnetic part) that I know of. Others might have other suggestions.

My metal minis go in cases similar to what Zoxe posted or plastic gun or ammo cases with foam.

I might try a restaurant wholesaler, and look for a cookie sheet cooler device.  It would be great to just pull out a cookie sheet for the Massive Darkness mobs and another one for the roaming monsters. 

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Barb Bliss said:

I might try a restaurant wholesaler, and look for a cookie sheet cooler device.  It would be great to just pull out a cookie sheet for the Massive Darkness mobs and another one for the roaming monsters. 

If you do find something, we need pictures. It sounds like a cool idea.

Edited by WxCougar

Another question is there a metal paint that could be painted on cardboard that the magnets would stick to?  Those empty CrowdOx boxes are pretty good storage boxes if I could get the bottom converted to something that would attract metal.

6 hours ago, Barb Bliss said:

Another question is there a metal paint that could be painted on cardboard that the magnets would stick to?  Those empty CrowdOx boxes are pretty good storage boxes if I could get the bottom converted to something that would attract metal.

If you google “magnetic paint” there are a few different primers available by Rustoleum and other companies.  I haven’t tried any of them, so can’t speak to their efficacy.

On 7/31/2018 at 11:09 AM, Barb Bliss said:

Only 3 hours left for the dungeons and doggies campaign...

Noooooooooooo I missed it X___X. When I originally saw it I thought, "I need to back this!" then immediately forgot. 

1 hour ago, Rosie said:

Noooooooooooo I missed it X___X. When I originally saw it I thought, "I need to back this!" then immediately forgot. 

My guess is that they will have a follow on campaign for cats and allow you to add the dogs.

41 minutes ago, Barb Bliss said:

My guess is that they will have a follow on campaign for cats and allow you to add the dogs.

I certainly hope there's a cat version!

18 hours ago, Barb Bliss said:

That would be cool! Fingers crossed it happens.

On 8/1/2018 at 12:22 PM, Rosie said:

@Konas and @Lindsey backed so you can probably just ask them to up theirs to 2 sets!

• Like 1

On ‎8‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 2:22 PM, Barb Bliss said:

Me too.

I met the sculptor at GenCon. I know what he is working on next. It's not cats but that doesn't mean there won't be some in the future.

• Like 3