Sign in to follow this  
tgpumpkin

For people who want to spend my money

47 minutes ago, Zoe said:

True!!! It could be worse & more tempting than it already is!

still beautiful and still takes a challenge to not buy it.  :) 

1 hour ago, tgpumpkin said:

Damn you @Zoe  that was a low blow.  Is nothing sacred?

i swear the way I’m tortured around here makes me feel like @Serge Darveau has been having An undue influence on each of you.

giphy.gif

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Dead of winter a long night on sale for 30 bucks at Amazon. It’s a stand-alone expansion but  I don’t have either game yet.  Loved Dow the original but now deciding if I should get long night or just original.  @Lindsey thoughts?  Anyone else can chime in too.

• Like 1

I really, really like Dead of Winter. I have the first version of the game. I have read reviews for the second. Its similar to the first but with some new buildings and challenges.  I'm not a fan, in general, of zombie games so I was iffy if I would like Dead of Winter, but I finally bought it a few years ago. It was worth the price. We've had a blast with it. For two players the game is fine, but it shines with three or more. With two players you are working as a solid team to protect the colony and complete goals. With three plus players, there is a possibility that one of them is a betrayer who is secretly working to destroy you all.  I love that element--and I very much enjoy it when I'm the betrayer  ?

The game is well-designed.  Missions can be normal or hard. And believe me, even the "easy" missions can be challenging.  We have lost more games than we won. Even in losing we had a great time. With one group that I have played this game with numerous times, we often get into role-playing, having a blast coming up with stories and eye-balling certain other players, accusing them of being untrustworthy (its usually Zenith vs me). I recommend it even if you are not into horror or zombies. It's that human element of not knowing who to trust that really makes this game shine.

• Like 1

On ‎10‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 8:17 AM, tgpumpkin said:

Dead of winter a long night on sale for 30 bucks at Amazon. It’s a stand-alone expansion but  I don’t have either game yet.  Loved Dow the original but now deciding if I should get long night or just original.  @Lindsey thoughts?  Anyone else can chime in too.

The Long Night is a great Stand alone expansion that features the original game along with a few expansions. You'll miss out on the original characters and some crossroad cards but I think it's well worth it. If you love the game as much as me you can always go back and get the original version. 

• Like 2

Hey, @tgpumpkin, I just ordered me that castle rolling tray you have been wanting for a long time. With free shipping and $1 leather lining, I thought now was the time to grab it. 🎲😃

• Like 5

1 hour ago, RomyCat said:

Hey, @tgpumpkin, I just ordered me that castle rolling tray you have been wanting for a long time. With free shipping and $1 leather lining, I thought now was the time to grab it. 🎲😃

Boom!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 11/23/2018 at 9:47 AM, RomyCat said:

That’s awesome.  Castle is the way to go.  I need to get that and a dragon of some sort and I’m set. 

• Like 1