By Lindsey

Countdown: Action Edition

By Lindsey

Mighty Dice Back In Stock!

Sign in to follow this  
tgpumpkin

For people who want to spend my money

1 hour ago, yatescory said:

@yatescory I would be destroyed if I bought the Wenge GM system for what it costs.  DE-STROYED.  Especially considering I haven't RPG'd yet.  I'm exploring it....but I need to learn how to crawl first before learning how to walk and then run in RPG land :)

35 minutes ago, Serge Darveau said:

9efb0536dfe4b8074853bce10523a93a.jpg.e0317060e947e2778ae93f24a300a605.jpg

I really want those trays to snap up and fling those dice over the wall like a grape-shot catapult or something :)

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, tgpumpkin said:

I don't think my wife would approve the way you're speaking to me @Thomas Browne ;) 

Though, she would approve if @Konas ever made a wooden mead mug :P.  

BTW @Konas @Zoe she loves her cutting board so much she's actually afraid to use said cutting board for its intended use.  

Awwww, that's cool but a shame at the same time. Tell her to use it. They look even better after much use. If she doesn't like the worn, broken in look, send it back and we will sand it down for you.

1 hour ago, Konas said:

Awwww, that's cool but a shame at the same time. Tell her to use it. They look even better after much use. If she doesn't like the worn, broken in look, send it back and we will sand it down for you.

Lol thanks @Konas .  I think she’ll be okay.  If anything it’s a testament to how nice it is.  I was reading an article about wooden cutting boards last night and trying to tell her they can look better with age .  I think it’s a mind block and she’ll get through it and if she doesn’t I’ll use it just to start it off. :) 

question about the mineral oil application.  Just rub a little bit on it once a month then? 

What I want to know is how in the heck no one has purchased that slimline chechen piece.  I think it is gorgeous!

46 minutes ago, yatescory said:

What I want to know is how in the heck no one has purchased that slimline chechen piece.  I think it is gorgeous!

The rosewood and wolf head almost got me.  Love boco but would like to try some other woods in the collection too :) 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, tgpumpkin said:

Lol thanks @Konas .  I think she’ll be okay.  If anything it’s a testament to how nice it is.  I was reading an article about wooden cutting boards last night and trying to tell her they can look better with age .  I think it’s a mind block and she’ll get through it and if she doesn’t I’ll use it just to start it off. :) 

question about the mineral oil application.  Just rub a little bit on it once a month then? 

Grab some mineral oil from the pharmacy section of your local drugstore (cheaper than getting some fancy combo that has the same effect ultimately) and cover the surface of the cutting board with it. Let it soak overnight if you can. Wipe away the excess. Voila!

If you get any stains or want to clean it, white vinegar or lemon juice will do less damage to the wood fibers than soap and water. You can also powder the surface with baking soda and then soak in white vinegar to help remove any nasty stains, etc.

Don't make my mistake of resting your water pitcher on it overnight and getting a water stain...

11 hours ago, tgpumpkin said:

The rosewood and wolf head almost got me.  Love boco but would like to try some other woods in the collection too :) 

I've been tempted by more than a few.. but been buying too many dice :)

Also still working on getting the Monterillo piece from them, plus I'm only getting a Black Limba sheath from the GM campaign, and Bone Box + 7 sleeves in total from that campaign.

So sort of am in good shape on dice storage for the moment.

Really considering seeing if @DMG can do a skirmish box in the Monterillo instead of an XL sheath - but it's been hard getting the wood in to begin with.

• Like 1