Sign in to follow this  
tgpumpkin

For people who want to spend my money

6 minutes ago, LuckyIke said:

Yes @Zoe you said it would be prettier for the size, and to save up for large Bubinga project (e.g. GM System). Or you were just doing a good job upselling ;)

@Konas  I was really surprised by the complex grain on the Wenge and quite like it.  A lot of times the photos don’t really capture the details of that wood I feel.  And you have won me over with Benge; I think it gets overlooked due to the “sexier, exotic” woods on offer, but it has a great subtle look and really feels nice in hand.

I am happy with my benge coco, though I did just kick benge and demon's blood dice towers to the curb in lieu of one rosewood dice tower.

16 minutes ago, Barb Bliss said:

I am happy with my benge coco, though I did just kick benge and demon's blood dice towers to the curb in lieu of one rosewood dice tower.

I get that.  

More than once I've had to make decisions of "do I want X less expensive items or 1 top line item" from DMG.

So far - I've done a bit of a mix, sometimes going variety, sometimes going for the Mythic tier.

3 minutes ago, Thomas Browne said:

I get that.  

More than once I've had to make decisions of "do I want X less expensive items or 1 top line item" from DMG.

So far - I've done a bit of a mix, sometimes going variety, sometimes going for the Mythic tier.

In this case I traded in the Lexus and Caddy for a Rolles :P

3 minutes ago, Barb Bliss said:

In this case I traded in the Lexus and Caddy for a Rolles :P

Oh - are you getting a Spriit of Ecstasy sculpt on it?? :P

Just now, Thomas Browne said:

Oh - are you getting a Spriit of Ecstasy sculpt on it?? :P

Dang.  I wish I had thought of it.  The sculpt is that gnarly tree, who's name I can never remember.

@LuckyIke OHHH YES. I remember now. I'd stand by that still. Redheart's inherently gorgeous in its color, but what makes Bubinga really shine is being able to see its grain, so having it on a bigger piece makes it A+++.

Man, did you guys see this crazy piece of Wenge - where the grain is huge and separated? Instead of really closely knit like usual?

1513018325_IMG_6625.JPG

Look at it. It's like a chocolate cake. (It's gone now.)

• Like 1

5 hours ago, LuckyIke said:

Nice!!  I concur, @tgpumpkin definitely should continue to bocote up until his nightstand collapses under the weight of his goodies.

I went with a CoCo-compatible benge to match my party XL sammich set - their main picture model was too nice to pass up.  And then I splurged for a Redheart as it seemed a good opportunity to get a piece into my collection.

Absolutely.  My one piece is very lonely .  He’ll have a hero sleeve soon to keep him company.  I wanted to get a boco dice tower. I don’t think boco will mesh well with the fire set of cocos I have so I went rainbow instead thinking they’ll match easier.  

Eventually i want a full out boco collection with some flashes of wenge.  I probably someday will try to buy a ziricote piece someday just to have 1.  

2 hours ago, Zoe said:

@LuckyIke OHHH YES. I remember now. I'd stand by that still. Redheart's inherently gorgeous in its color, but what makes Bubinga really shine is being able to see its grain, so having it on a bigger piece makes it A+++.

Man, did you guys see this crazy piece of Wenge - where the grain is huge and separated? Instead of really closely knit like usual?

1513018325_IMG_6625.JPG

Look at it. It's like a chocolate cake. (It's gone now.)

Did you guys just post new gear and I missed it???  

4 hours ago, Thomas Browne said:

I get that.  

This has been my struggle SO many times.  1 boco coco = 2 fires.  Thats why I am wrestling with 1 wenge castle rolling trey OR a GM fire system with more functionality.

The struggle is real.

2 hours ago, tgpumpkin said:

Did you guys just post new gear and I missed it???  

If you're referring to @Zoe's post of the Wenge chest - no that's an old piece that she just reposted the image of.

I've not seen anything new go up since they put up the cutting boards (+ a few other things).

• Like 1

Three pages into chat and you are still struggling. You could roll for it. Even gets the castle rolling tray. Odd gets the GM system.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, yatescory said:

Wenge Gm...you only live ONCE.  The truth is real.

@yatescory I can always count on you to push me to spend spend spend :) 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, RomyCat said:

Three pages into chat and you are still struggling. You could roll for it. Even gets the castle rolling tray. Odd gets the GM system.

@RomyCat it’s because I want to buy everything all at once and can’t.  I’m trying to adult with my money but it’s so hard.

55 minutes ago, tgpumpkin said:

@RomyCat it’s because I want to buy everything all at once and can’t.  I’m trying to adult with my money but it’s so hard.

Sell plasma @tgpumpkin.  I covered the last part of my rent several times with plasma money when I was in college.  Bonus: you get buzzed quicker when you drink after donating.

• Like 1

Just now, Zoe said:

@Thomas Browne @tgpumpkin Yeah, it's old, sorry!!! That was around the holidays, I think..

That makes me feel better.  I’m still shopping for that piece I’m getting for myself with that promo code :) 

12 hours ago, tgpumpkin said:

@tgpumpkin  I know.  Adulting is hard isn't it (and really not much fun).

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Thomas Browne said:

Never Ever Adult!  NEVER!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Konas said:

Never Ever Adult!  NEVER!

Now I have Peter Pan going through my head.

"I'll never grow up.  Not me.  Not I.  I won't grow up!"

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Thomas Browne said:

The local paper has a deal called "The verbing of America".  Pretty sure, adulting would apply.  Software development is really good at creating verbs.  An old boss created:

• vaulting the data
  • we need to vanillasize the component
  • Like 1

45 minutes ago, Thomas Browne said:

Now I have Peter Pan going through my head.

"I'll never grow up.  Not me.  Not I.  I won't grow up!"

Great.  Now I have the "Toyz Are Us" jingle in my head.

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Barb Bliss said:

@tgpumpkin, a really fun game is on sale until the end of Feb.  Lots of fun, and a chance to seek revenge on people that carve up pumpkins.  The expansion is new, and looks to a great addition to an already fun game.

https://theawkwardstore.com/

I have no regrets asking you to spend my money and to suggest purchases to me @Barb Bliss.  None :)