Jump to content
  • Announcements

Sign in to follow this  
tgpumpkin

For people who want to spend my money

Recommended Posts

Ok so since @Thomas Browne @Barb Bliss @LuckyIke @Serge Darveau @RomyCat and others have been enthusiastic wanting to spend my money and ripping me for stalling on the castle tray I figured I’d give you all a chance to provide deep, insightful feedback of what I should do that’s just short of giving any of you my credit card information.  

heres the deal....tg is going to buy some form of rolling tray from these canine strong peeps.  It’s definitive....just a matter of timing.  The question is this....

....do I buy a fancy wood dragon/castle tray that I’ve been wanting (fancy being wenge)

or

....do I buy a fiery game master system.

the answer of both is not permitted :)  .  I really can’t swing the mythic wood game system at this time.  Upside is more functionality to gm and it definitely serves as a rolling tray :).  The downside to the gm is I don’t rpg so I may not use its full use.  Upside to rolling tray is getting a nicer wood and fancy shmancy art as I roll my dice. The downside to a rolling tray is that’s all it does (but looks damn sexy doing it)

unless I’m mathing wrong both are similar in price.  Gm might be a tad more if I get a wood sculpt.

so.....go ahead and spend my money.  Sending gin to @Barb Bliss is also prohibited as an answer :P 

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Personally I'd say get what you've been wanting - the wenge castle tray.  It's not like the GM systems won't be a regular option going forward if you want that as well eventually.

Similar to you, I don't play many RPGs so other than as a 'closable' rolling tray, I'm not sure that I'm going for the GM system either.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Definitely get the castle/dragon tray in Wenge! It’s a purchase you’ve had a lot longer to contemplate and one you will fully utilize. Plus how awesome is the concept of rolling dice in your own castle. Also if dragon was actually an option for you dragon. I love mine and it’s amazing.

DMG has made it clear the GM screens are going to be on site and since you were contemplating a fiery in that anyway you won’t be losing out in terms of a limited to campaign wood choice. Waiting on potentially getting this item gives you time to think about what you’d really want and also to save to afford whatever that would be. Also waiting gives you the chance to start an RPG(there are so many good ones) and see if maybe you would like to fully utilize it. 

Edited by ElysianPeace
Dragons
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@tgpumpkin thank you for finally coming to your senses and crowd sourcing advice from the enthusiastic masses! :P

I too say go for the Wenge castle Dragon Tray.  Search your feelings, you know it’s what you really want. Don’t let FOMO over the GM System keep you from getting your precious. 

I also have a hybrid suggestion that is not “both”.  You could pick up just the screens for the GM System in Wenge for 100, call it 150 so you can get some sweet engraving. Forgo the sculpts and let the sinister Wenge shine.  This could be done in the pledgemanager later to spread the hurt across a separate month from your castle.  With this setup, you could set your awesome castle behind the screens when DM-ing.  Sure it wouldn’t all click together, but it seems like most of the daily utility will be with the rolling tray as it is.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IMG_9420.JPG

 

I searched for an image to tempt you, though this is White Ash with Ebony Finish. Unless you play RPG games you don't really need a GM screen. Then again do we ever really NEED any of these awesome products we keep buying? We just love them. 

Maybe I should not point out to you that the GM system can actually store your dice with or without the slim dragon sheaths. You can also store scratch paper, pencils, and other supplies in it if you skip the sheaths.  Useful, even if not playing a RPG. Great, now I'm talking myself into buying one. Thanks a lot, Tgpumkin.  You may have just cost me a few hundred dollars after I told myself not to do any big Kickstarters this year. (Still trying to recover from 7th Continent and Box  Thrones.)

 

Edited by RomyCat
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tg... I think the castle tray would look outstanding. However, I think you should go with the GM system if you are already getting dice tower from dog might.  I pledged $1 for the Dice Tower but after getting my dragon rolling tray I really don't see any reason I would ever use it so i decided not to utilize my early pledge.  Now you may be in a different boat than me but I personally don't need a lot of different dice rolling options.  In the end I would like to have two different rolling trays at some point.

The GM system is just so badass but the question is will it get used much?  If yes, then that's the clear no brainer for me. I know your heart is set on the castle tray though and I know you will be happy with it if you decide to go that route.  But...you can also use the gmail system as your rolling tray so...another point for GM system.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, RomyCat said:

IMG_9420.JPG

 

I searched for an image to tempt you, though this is White Ash with Ebony Finish. Unless you play RPG games you don't really need a GM screen. Then again do we ever really NEED any of these awesome products we keep buying? We just love them. 

Maybe I should not point out to you that the GM system can actually store your dice with or without the slim dragon sheaths. You can also store scratch paper, pencils, and other supplies in it if you skip the sheaths.  Useful, even if not playing a RPG. Great, now I'm talking myself into buying one. Thanks a lot, Tgpumkin.  You may have just cost me a few hundred dollars after I told myself not to do any big Kickstarters this year. (Still trying to recover from 7th Continent and Box  Thrones.)

 

@RomyCat glad that in the process about asking how to spend my money I have effectively spent yours :)  thanks for the feedback!

im right there with ya in 7th continent and boxthrone.  Speaking of boxthrone I need to finish my pm :)

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, yatescory said:

Tg... I think the castle tray would look outstanding. However, I think you should go with the GM system if you are already getting dice tower from dog might.  I pledged $1 for the Dice Tower but after getting my dragon rolling tray I really don't see any reason I would ever use it so i decided not to utilize my early pledge.  Now you may be in a different boat than me but I personally don't need a lot of different dice rolling options.  In the end I would like to have two different rolling trays at some point.

The GM system is just so badass but the question is will it get used much?  If yes, then that's the clear no brainer for me. I know your heart is set on the castle tray though and I know you will be happy with it if you decide to go that route.  But...you can also use the gmail system as your rolling tray so...another point for GM system.

@yatescory you are thinking the same way I am.  In truth I haven’t rpg so I know myself in that technically I won’t receive the full functionality of a gm.  There is a multipurpose use to it that’s hard to ignore hence the temptation .  

What’s a gourd to do.

thanks to all for your advice :)  you all bring up compelling points 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know I was not asked but oh well, will give my opinion anyway :P I would go with the dice tray unless you plan to DM in the near future. But I do have to admit, the GM systems looks really amazing.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Zenithsplendor said:

I know I was not asked but oh well, will give my opinion anyway :P I would go with the dice tray unless you plan to DM in the near future. But I do have to admit, the GM systems looks really amazing.

Thanks @Zenithsplendor I do believe everyone was asked, but I got tired of adding @ and spelling out everyone's name.  No one was intentionally excluded from spending my money :P 

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Konas, you might want to put a "spare parts" area onto your page.  It'll just be a matter of time before you get requests for replacement parts like straps or initiative markers because "their dog at theirs".  Who knows, maybe I'll have started a fad with pink elephants.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎2‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 10:32 AM, tgpumpkin said:

Thanks @Zenithsplendor I do believe everyone was asked, but I got tired of adding @ and spelling out everyone's name.  No one was intentionally excluded from spending my money :P 

I just made it a little bit easier to spend your money....
check out the DM products at home thread

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Konas said:

I just made it a little bit easier to spend your money....
check out the DM products at home thread

 

How does @tgpumpkin order a castle dice tray?  I didn't see how.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Barb Bliss said:

I went to dice trays not dragon trays.  smh.  Thanks for the info.

Ahh - the big rolling trays.  Ok - that makes sense.

I just knew where it was because I've looked at the castle design myself in the past - but I like the new rolling trays much better personally. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Thomas Browne said:

Ahh - the big rolling trays.  Ok - that makes sense.

I just knew where it was because I've looked at the castle design myself in the past - but I like the new rolling trays much better personally. 

I have a hard time justifying it given the 4 coco trays plus 3 dice towers...  So I have to get @tgpumpkin to do the buying for me.

Maybe if Mike came up with a new bottom pieces to the dice tower that raised them up and had a slide into a tray.

Edited by Barb Bliss

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And yeah - that's a bit of where I am too with 2 cocos, bone box, and 2 towers as well.

It's why things like the sheaths and skirmish boxes have been consistently higher on my list.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Barb Bliss said:

I have a hard time justifying it given the 4 coco trays plus 3 dice towers...  So I have to get @tgpumpkin to do the buying for me.

Maybe if Mike came up with a new bottom pieces to the dice tower that raised them up and had a slide into a tray.

Now you're making it sound like we need a wooden DMG Transformer.  Now it's a dice tray, now it's a skirmish box, now it's a jet airplane.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Thomas Browne said:

Now you're making it sound like we need a wooden DMG Transformer.  Now it's a dice tray, now it's a skirmish box, now it's a jet airplane.

Awesome name.  Just something to allow us to incorporate existing products to be used with new products.  Have a dice tower and want to buy one of the cool new dice trays?  Presto chango!  Buy this new piece that you can replace the bottom of the dice tower to raise it up and provide a slide for the dice to travel on to get into the new dice tray.

Edited by Barb Bliss

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Barb Bliss said:

Awesome name.  Just something to allow us to incorporate existing products to be used with new products.  Have a dice tower and want to buy one of the cool new dice trays?  Presto chango!  Buy this new piece that you can replace the bottom of the dice tower to raise it up and provide a slide for the dice to travel on to get into the new dice tray.

Oh I copyrighted that idea.  I'll be willing to sign over the rights for the right kind wood product.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Barb Bliss said:

Oh I copyrighted that idea.  I'll be willing to sign over the rights for the right kind wood product.

Oh no - I was talking like the movie/toy Transformers.  Just shift pieces around and it changes shape :)  One product that you can turn into anything.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×