Sign in to follow this  
RomyCat

New games you have played

A new pile of unplayed games awaits.  Lucidity, Reanimator, and Road to Infamy just showed up.

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, Zenithsplendor said:

I recently got the games Ex Libris and Village.

Ex Libris - I like reading so this game caught my attention. There are so many characters(with awesome meeples and special abilities) you can choose to play and lots of ways to get books for your library. It also turned out to be a great solo game. I enjoyed it solo just as much if not more than multiplier. 

Village - A game where your meeples die and can get buried in the graveyard behind the church. Before death they can experience life by crafting, traveling, farming, going to the market, having a baby, etc. I had never seen a game where meeples get old and die so i was intrigued. Turns out I enjoy killing off meeples for points. 

I think I posted about Ex Libris in a different theead, I love that game.  It’s fun to teach and I crack up over all the different assistant and their thematically silly rules.  The mechanicisms are tight and the group always enjoys it.  Good pickup, zenith!

Edited by LuckyIke

6 hours ago, Zenithsplendor said:

Ex Libris - I like reading so this game caught my attention. There are so many characters(with awesome meeples and special abilities) you can choose to play and lots of ways to get books for your library. It also turned out to be a great solo game. I enjoyed it solo just as much if not more than multiplier. 

Village - A game where your meeples die and can get buried in the graveyard behind the church. Before death they can experience life by crafting, traveling, farming, going to the market, having a baby, etc. I had never seen a game where meeples get old and die so i was intrigued. Turns out I enjoy killing off meeples for points. 

Oh my gosh, I want this Village game now. Ex Libris also sounds great???

1 hour ago, Zoe said:

Oh my gosh, I want this Village game now. Ex Libris also sounds great???

Village is an excellent worker unplacement game.  (once you play it, you'll understand what I mean).  Definitely worth having/playing.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, Zenithsplendor said:

Zenith, I just learned there are two expansion for Village. Village Port and Village Inn. Should I also point out it won the Spiel Des Jahres Kennerspiel in 2012?

I love Ex Libris. Great theme. And I won the last game. Huge score over Zenith.  😈

Edited by RomyCat
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, RomyCat said:

Zenith, I just learned there are two expansion for Village. Village Port and Village Inn. Should I also point out it won the Spiel Des Jahres Kennerspiel in 2012?

I love Ex Libris. Great theme. And I won the last game. Huge score over Zenith.  😈

I had never heard of either of these.  Given how many games are either here or in the pipe, it would seem stupid to purchase them.  I'll keep an eye out for them if they show up at Jaemus' house.

3 hours ago, RomyCat said:

Alas, @RomyCat wins so few times against me she must make a big deal out of it when she does 👸

Now off to go look up the expansions ✈️

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1