Zoxe

Broken Token Gloomhaven Organizer

I still have my gloomhaven bt organizer in box.  I’ve built a couple of theirs now with Scythe and caverna and am contemplating getting the terraforming mars one .  I’m intimidated by the size of it :) 

10 hours ago, tgpumpkin said:

I still have my gloomhaven bt organizer in box.  I’ve built a couple of theirs now with Scythe and caverna and am contemplating getting the terraforming mars one .  I’m intimidated by the size of it :) 

I just a couple of trays away from being done!  Woot!

• Like 1

You can do it Tgpumkin. Just force yourself to set a certain time, then sat down and begin. The Gloomhaven BT was my first one and I had all the trays down in less than 4 hours. For me, the experience was fun. So much so, I took up miniature painting afterwards. I though, if I can put this BT together, I can do other things I had been intimated to start. Turns out miniature painting is fun too. 

• Like 3

On 4/29/2018 at 8:50 AM, tgpumpkin said:

It's not that bad if you're used to building theirs @tgpumpkin.  Took me a few hours over two evenings to do mine.

13 hours ago, RomyCat said:

You can do it Tgpumkin. Just force yourself to set a certain time, then sat down and begin. The Gloomhaven BT was my first one and I had all the trays down in less than 4 hours. For me, the experience was fun. So much so, I took up miniature painting afterwards. I though, if I can put this BT together, I can do other things I had been intimated to start. Turns out miniature painting is fun too. 

Me??? Miniature painting?  Surely you do not know of my inability to perform in the visual arts. 

31 minutes ago, tgpumpkin said:

Me??? Miniature painting?  Surely you do not know of my inability to perform in the visual arts. 

Come on.  You can do paint by number, can't you?

On 4/29/2018 at 7:31 AM, Zoxe said:

I had a little more time in mine, but the first couple of trays had a really tight fit and I lost a lot of time.  The later trays went a LOT faster.

I can't believe the bt didn't have instruction on how to get everything into the box.  Getting that moving now.  Note: my house smells like stain/sealer.

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, Barb Bliss said:

I can't believe the bt didn't have instruction on how to get everything into the box.  Getting that moving now.  Note: my house smells like stain/sealer.

Go here and look at the pictures to figure out what tokens go in what slot:  http://www.thebrokentoken.com/gloomhaven-organizer/

For assembly into the game box, go here and look at the very last page:  http://www.thebrokentoken.com/content/instructions/ORG050_Instructions.pdf

Still not the most intuitive, but I think I got it on the 2nd try.  Start with the Big White tuck boxes and Monster Tray E and then build from there.  I had to look at both the "expanded" diagram as well as the other picture in the lower right.

If you scroll way back to the top, I asked the others about the "extra" white tuck boxes.  Once you start a campaign the character cards store in the 4 trays you built and you can collapse the tuck boxes, and everything will fit.  Between campaigns my box lid will be up a little bit.

Edit:  Good luck!! :)

Edited by Zoxe
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Zoxe said:

Go here and look at the pictures to figure out what tokens go in what slot:  http://www.thebrokentoken.com/gloomhaven-organizer/

For assembly into the game box, go here and look at the very last page:  http://www.thebrokentoken.com/content/instructions/ORG050_Instructions.pdf

Still not the most intuitive, but I think I got it on the 2nd try.  Start with the Big White tuck boxes and Monster Tray E and then build from there.  I had to look at both the "expanded" diagram as well as the other picture in the lower right.

If you scroll way back to the top, I asked the others about the "extra" white tuck boxes.  Once you start a campaign the character cards store in the 4 trays you built and you can collapse the tuck boxes, and everything will fit.  Between campaigns my box lid will be up a little bit.

Edit:  Good luck!! :)

Too stoned tonight, but definitely this weekend.

14 hours ago, Barb Bliss said:

Interesting, because mine did have a small paper with it that said how to fit everything into the box.

Another good resource is BT's youtube channel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I6S0qIMewoI&t=

Posted (edited)
41 minutes ago, Thomas Browne said:

Interesting, because mine did have a small paper with it that said how to fit everything into the box.

Another good resource is BT's youtube channel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I6S0qIMewoI&t=

I've been using this video.  But there are places where the narrator is say this kind of card, that kid of card, but all they show are the backs of the cards, which just happen to be the same.  Most of it is done except for reorganizing the card tray, and getting the floor tiles into the big tray.  And then of course, how to put it all into the Gloomhaven box.

Edited by Barb Bliss

Just now, Barb Bliss said:

I've been using this video.  But there are places where the narrator is say this kind of card, that kid of card, but all they show are the backs of the cards, which just happen to be the same.

Yeah - There was definitely a little bit of 'set it up how you like' with the cards and such.  I didn't follow the video 100%.  But it was a good basis.

And I thought you were talking about putting the organizer in the box, not putting the game into the organizer.

It's a huge game and it's double daunting if you're setting the organizer up before the first play through, as I was. I had the benefit if seeing the item get demod at pax unplugged several weeks prior, and I was still challenged to make the end product work. I wish I'd taken more pictures at pax.

If you need pics of anything specific, let me know and I'll relay how I did it.

Hopefully you got everything in the box, Barb. Mine came with directions and a diagram that showed me how to put it together. Was very helpful

31 minutes ago, RomyCat said:

Hopefully you got everything in the box, Barb. Mine came with directions and a diagram that showed me how to put it together. Was very helpful

All the trays are put together, and mostly filled with game components.  I just ran out of gas for getting the last 10% done.

Well, outside of some card organization, my BT is done and deployed into the box.  Only problem is that my game hasn't been started yet, and I have 6 unused/unsealed boxes instead of the 2 that is expected.  Other than that, it works great.

19 minutes ago, Barb Bliss said:

Well, outside of some card organization, my BT is done and deployed into the box.  Only problem is that my game hasn't been started yet, and I have 6 unused/unsealed boxes instead of the 2 that is expected.  Other than that, it works great.

Yeah- they expect you to put 4 in the trays and fold the boxes down.

I leave the extra character boxes on a shelf.  I have a Tardis with 3 shelves where I keep my gaming accessories.  I need to post a picture of it to show off.

• Like 1