Jump to content

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, ElysianPeace said:

Definitely a varnish flavor! They didn’t have time to incorporate the flavors yet.  But I think I’ve spent more time huffing the counter tile insert. 

Your BoCo is in the future just waiting for you!😉

Oh I'm GOING to buy one.  Im waiting for the other KS peeps to get theirs first.  DMG has to catch up on backorders.  I think I have to special order it because I can't preorder it on the site anyway because Boco isn't there .  Poor Boco....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, tgpumpkin said:

Oh I'm GOING to buy one.  Im waiting for the other KS peeps to get theirs first.  DMG has to catch up on backorders.  I think I have to special order it because I can't preorder it on the site anyway because Boco isn't there .  Poor Boco....

Perhaps - but as I said, they always seem to be willing to work with people on special orders like that - you just might have to wait for the right wood to become available.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Thomas Browne said:

Perhaps - but as I said, they always seem to be willing to work with people on special orders like that - you just might have to wait for the right wood to become available.

@tgpumpkin You should just email konas! I’m sure they’d take your preorder for the Boco now/whenever your ready! And that way as soon as they finished the kickstarters they could knock yours out because they’d probably have picked up the wood to be ready.  

..... unless you’re thinking you might find a wood you like more then boco. 

Edited by ElysianPeace
Specificity
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ian Coyle said:

Man, I thought it was chilly golfing on a windy 60 F day here in Oregon on Sunday... 

I like those -25F degree days as they kill a lot of rabbits.  Half the rabbits on the block are living  either under my one next door neighbor's deck or in my yard.  Not sure what's worse: about a half inch of poop pellets across my yard or all my bushes looking like a blind guy on LSD trimmed them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Barb Bliss said:

I like those -25F degree days as they kill a lot of rabbits.  Half the rabbits on the block are living  either under my one next door neighbor's deck or in my yard.  Not sure what's worse: about a half inch of poop pellets across my yard or all my bushes looking like a blind guy on LSD trimmed them.

Need a hunting dog :)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Serge Darveau, where do you find this stuff?  The amount of rabbits ebbs and flows.  For a while there, it was like an Alfred Hitchcock movie.  Driving to work at 5:30 AM I'd see about 20 rabbits between my yard and getting onto the freeway (about 15 city blocks).  I think some coyotes figured it out, and came over from the Williams Pipeline land and gorged themselves about 8 years back.  It was awesome.  I realized I had started complaining about the squirrels instead of the rabbits.  But their numbers are climbing again, sans a dip during the polar vortex years.

Note: I think one neighbor has trained his dog to shoo the rabbits into my yard.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well the positive of a crazy travel schedule the last few days means that I had time to fully investigate/hug my CoCos this morning!

I went with the same layout for my regulars, with the exception of a unique special sculpt for each:

 

Bolivian Rosewood:

1B6A3FAA-F1C1-433B-A98D-8E10F75FEC25.thumb.jpeg.cc40e1b2c6b9637c0c69906ed7fbd89b.jpegB2FE991A-09D7-4B25-A39E-3C8B45929F0F.thumb.jpeg.19a02bcaba7fc925f6dc168b2d13d505.jpeg

 

Bocote. The variety of shades in the pieces is awesome, example of a “regular” grain next to a darker piece below.

9FAC8D7A-ACFC-474F-83D2-557370DEE068.thumb.jpeg.f8306d91533c198ea5e49478d9670ff9.jpeg

4917A980-E87F-4F7D-8389-7935D00828CC.thumb.jpeg.4c8d75388cd41a1238d8e1c98378e0ae.jpeg

A88B1DF2-4C42-45FB-88BC-6B35DE3BBE5E.thumb.jpeg.717cd0979947f26033e24073020dd8cc.jpeg

 

Wenge. Wenge was my favorite surprise of this bunch.  I was starting to second guess myself and think I should have gone with Redheart, but the Wenge is hot hot hot!  The grain is way more textured and interesting than I had thought it would be, it looks really exotic on the table.

C431DD08-2647-4751-8091-DB6AB74DFD22.thumb.jpeg.2ff12091644d91cf4108e99c065e42a6.jpeg

A0E8571F-CCEF-430D-8B18-DFA3F1201532.thumb.jpeg.127a6c863550314c6ee30205498ba453.jpeg

CB2683DE-F0E8-4CC5-9409-F83952465A02.thumb.jpeg.02060a511c40fb0a99a7dd9f7e0455bb.jpeg2533A1A1-D75A-4EAF-8032-AB9210AF9920.thumb.jpeg.7ce42a41e7b67606096350fd061c6f44.jpeg

A76D236C-F998-408F-A62B-797639A9D598.thumb.jpeg.cb529b98ecc8f5ff12f4d064bce1f727.jpeg

I will have a ziricote coming to round out the mythic four pack for home use.  

The travel package is my Benge XL CoCo sammich.  I got four each of the Bowl, Double, and L, which allows for a communal setup, or mini CoCo stations for multiple players.

1796150E-E9E3-4403-A5CA-85226962F0B4.thumb.jpeg.42a783bc3325b6662ab7b9fdc5aea3f3.jpeg

F5A5487F-27BC-4A51-8FFF-16BC20FA2986.thumb.jpeg.42fe619924acbabd7e7437f44d012ad3.jpeg

5FF52792-BA3D-4155-9AA5-278C33326DA6.thumb.jpeg.81df749389ff04640b54df621e036d0c.jpeg

FD752E41-618D-435C-A88D-15FE45D724B2.thumb.jpeg.0f027e4237565b5ef8b774b65142f65c.jpeg

839F0142-B7DD-404E-928F-1C269C111379.thumb.jpeg.d88e3bf5a0b2f3a39c4e9cbd6a29c05f.jpeg

The Benge has a great luster and surprisingly vibrant grain patterns.

I’m very happy with all of these!  They look and feel great; I have not yet licked any to see if the varnish has been upgraded with flavors.

Thanks DMG!!

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@LuckyIke, these look great.  I like your benge.  I wouldn't have suspected it wasn't one of the premium woods if I hadn't already known.  I'm thinking the wenge is a guy thing.  I'm glad you like it 3 hots worth.  Note: I think your rosewood with the peek-a-boo of sap wood is hot, hot, hot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Barb Bliss said:

@LuckyIke, these look great.  I like your benge.  I wouldn't have suspected it wasn't one of the premium woods if I hadn't already known.  I'm thinking the wenge is a guy thing.  I'm glad you like it 3 hots worth.  Note: I think your rosewood with the peek-a-boo of sap wood is hot, hot, hot.

Thanks @Barb Bliss! You couldn’t see it in the other pics, but the BoRo tray has a great strip of sapwood as well!

A7737FFD-D07A-462A-80E7-DEA26AA4A743.thumb.jpeg.880db7586916b531b0c3ddb92e54d676.jpeg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, LuckyIke said:

Thanks @Barb Bliss! You couldn’t see it in the other pics, but the BoRo tray has a great strip of sapwood as well!

A7737FFD-D07A-462A-80E7-DEA26AA4A743.thumb.jpeg.880db7586916b531b0c3ddb92e54d676.jpeg

That is super beautiful.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@LuckyIke Those are some beautiful CoCos!!! Your BoRo is particularly lovely. The Wenge is much more attention grabbing then I’d thought. But i might be seriously envious of your travel benge! You may have inspired something for the future there!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, ElysianPeace said:

@LuckyIke Those are some beautiful CoCos!!! Your BoRo is particularly lovely. The Wenge is much more attention grabbing then I’d thought. But i might be seriously envious of your travel benge! You may have inspired something for the future there!

Thanks @ElysianPeace! Yeah, I wanted to be able to share the CoCo love when playing at the FLGS without having to haul the whole set over. I’ll let you know how it works out, and whether I’d recommend any different tiles after getting a feel for how these play.  After getting hands on, I think the L tiles will be sneaky handy, as they give you tons of room while reserving that little spot for your special bits.  

Edited by LuckyIke

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow...glad I went with wenge!  Damn that looks good!  The BoRo is really sweet too.  Can't wait to get my sets and share.  Should be soon!  

Wenge

Leopard wood 

Chechen

Canarywood

And more...

Edited by yatescory

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Backer number 203 - and my CoCos arrived!  The box looked like it was driven over by a truck and then chewed on by rats - but the cocos are perfect!  And if there's ever a world shortage of bubble wrap, I've got it covered.

I'm going to have the most colourful game table ever at my next games night...

Some are XLs, with extra trays, and some standard size - all flame birch.

 

image1.jpeg

image2.jpeg

image3.jpeg

image4-1.jpeg

image5.jpeg

image6.jpeg

image7.jpeg

IMG_0198.jpg

  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Auryn So much CoCo!!! Those are beautiful. Your sculpts came out so nice! Thank you for sharing your bounty with us. I’m envisioning this massive coco chain on your table and it’ll be so pretty. 

 

Also welcome to the forums! We’re glad to have you. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@LuckyIke Thank you! I’d be glad to hear how it works out for you. I don’t think I grabbed any Ls so that’s already an option I definitely would like more info about as you put them to use. Also maybe get a picture of your FLGS reactions to your CoCo? I really love the idea of people finally getting to react to these guys in the world. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, ElysianPeace said:

@yatescory When you get all the cocos are you going to link them together singlefile and see how far you can make it? :D 

Ha!  I was telling my husband I wanted to do this and he thought I was nuts.  I don't have a big enough table for all of them - half of these belong to my brother-in-law as it is...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Auryn said:

Ha!  I was telling my husband I wanted to do this and he thought I was nuts.  I don't have a big enough table for all of them - half of these belong to my brother-in-law as it is...

Well to be fair we are all a little logically flexible here, but perhaps reminding him that sacrifices must be made for science would help? Also Sibling-in-laws make some of the best co conspirators in the world. Pranks can be done with their assistance like no other. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, ElysianPeace said:

@tgpumpkin You should just email konas! I’m sure they’d take your preorder for the Boco now/whenever your ready! And that way as soon as they finished the kickstarters they could knock yours out because they’d probably have picked up the wood to be ready.  

..... unless you’re thinking you might find a wood you like more then boco. 

.....you shut your mouth @ElysianPeace.  No wood is better than boco . :) The other premiums make a fine argument but boco is the one wood to rule them all and in the Darkness bind them :P 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Auryn said:

Backer number 203 - and my CoCos arrived!  The box looked like it was driven over by a truck and then chewed on by rats - but the cocos are perfect!  And if there's ever a world shortage of bubble wrap, I've got it covered.

I'm going to have the most colourful game table ever at my next games night...

Some are XLs, with extra trays, and some standard size - all flame birch.

 

image1.jpeg

image2.jpeg

image3.jpeg

image4-1.jpeg

image5.jpeg

image6.jpeg

image7.jpeg

IMG_0198.jpg

Beautiful sets!  Don’t forget to save that bubble wrap.  @Lindsey confirms that @Konas personally hugs each shipment of bubble wrapped cocos :P 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@LuckyIke congratulations on a beautiful set of cocos.  Stunning.  Wenge is absolutely beautiful and I almost pulled the trigger on that one as well :) .  I am most definitely going to get a wenge something from them.  Not sure what it should be though .  Maybe I’ll throw money at the screen and order a boco and wenge coco.  

Congratulations on a beautiful set.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×