Sign in to follow this  
Phogg

Question regarding Dragon Sheath

I was thinking of getting a Dragon Sheath to carry The Castles Of Burgundy: The Card Game in because the cards are too small for any of my nice deckboxes and because more wood bling.

So ( question for anyone with a layout Dragon Sheath who also has the game) will all of the cards fit into two stacks on the large side of the B interior layout?

pic2919854_md.jpg

I don't have the game in question, but I do have a dragon sheath.  I don't think it is wide enough to hold the cards but someone at DMG probably has a better answer.

The sheath is 2.25" wide - but that's an exterior dimension.  I'm not sure what the interior dimension is.

The cards are one and three quarters inches by two and five eighths inches. If you stack all of them they are two and five eighths inches tall.

Too tiny for anyof my deck boxes.

3 hours ago, Phogg said:

The cards are one and three quarters inches by two and five eighths inches. If you stack all of them they are two and five eighths inches tall.

Too tiny for anyof my deck boxes.

So I took a measurement of my sheath, and the interior dimensions are 1 3/4” by 7 7/8” the depth is 1/2” per side for a total depth of 1”.  You theoretically could fit them in three stacks, but the dimesions for length/width of an interior E wouldn’t allow for any wiggle room, and practically speaking I doubt it would work as it could potentially damage the cards over time. Sleeved cards definitely wouldn’t fit.  You could maybe talk to DMG to see if they would be able to do a custom interior with an extra 1/8” of length and width, but don’t know if that is feasible or what the cost would be.  Hope that is helpful!

(I am building some more gaming shelving, so I happened to have a tape measure handy in the vicinity of my Dragon Sheath).  Hooray for weekend projects!

@Phogg, I would definitely go with one of our Deck Boxes instead. :) Those can hold 100 or so double sleeved cards and are just as gorgeous as the Dragon Sheaths. Plus, if you need counters, you can get magnetic counters with 'em. (You can also opt not to do that, too, and just get gorgeous sculpts on either side.)