Sign in to follow this  
Barb Bliss

Stupid Questions

Why does the Canadian Mike drink Polish Vodka and the Mike of Polish descent drink Canadian beer?  Inquiring minds want to know.

In any event, we stopped by DMG for an hour or two to say hello, and take a tour last Friday.  Everyone looked a little bleary after a long/hard work week, but still made time for Drew and I.  I even got an "irregular" Benge CoCo and Drew got a prototype dice tower that was too out of wack to make the prototype sale from the scrap bin as a parting gifts. 

Note: I usually stick to gin, but the Polish vodka was A-OK.

p.s. Stay away from the band saw.  They had gruesome "after pictures" taped to it to remind people to be careful.

image.png.945da042d155337af2bace725d44131a.png

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

The Super Bowl week is here (and in full swing) in Minneapolis.  Over night parking rates downtown went from $5 to $100 starting on Monday.  Do you think price gouging could be involved?

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Barb Bliss said:

The Super Bowl week is here (and in full swing) in Minneapolis.  Over night parking rates downtown went from $5 to $100 starting on Monday.  Do you think price gouging could be involved?

No... I'm sure just that's just a regular price hike that you will see from now on. :D

Edited by Thomas Browne

Just now, Thomas Browne said:

No... I'm just that's just a regular price hike that you will see from now on. :D

God, I hope not.  3 years ago, the early bird (before 7 am) was $4.50.  Now it's $8.

3 minutes ago, Barb Bliss said:

God, I hope not.  3 years ago, the early bird (before 7 am) was $4.50.  Now it's $8.

Nod.  That's like they raised the parking meters here about two years ago.  Used to be a quarter for 30 minutes.  Now it's a quarter for 5 minutes!

1 minute ago, Thomas Browne said:

Nod.  That's like they raised the parking meters here about two years ago.  Used to be a quarter for 30 minutes.  Now it's a quarter for 5 minutes!

Hard to get much done in 5 minutes!

@Konas @Zoe Not counting any product not yet released to the store due to kickstarter fulfillment (ie Cocos, dice tower 2.0, etc), what is your most popular item you sell to the general public?

Edited by tgpumpkin

On ‎1‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 9:56 AM, Barb Bliss said:

Why does the Canadian Mike drink Polish Vodka and the Mike of Polish descent drink Canadian beer?  Inquiring minds want to know.

In any event, we stopped by DMG for an hour or two to say hello, and take a tour last Friday.  Everyone looked a little bleary after a long/hard work week, but still made time for Drew and I.  I even got an "irregular" Benge CoCo and Drew got a prototype dice tower that was too out of wack to make the prototype sale from the scrap bin as a parting gifts. 

Note: I usually stick to gin, but the Polish vodka was A-OK.

p.s. Stay away from the band saw.  They had gruesome "after pictures" taped to it to remind people to be careful.

image.png.945da042d155337af2bace725d44131a.png

Sorry I missed this thread. I usually drink the Vodka or heavier beers. That night I was trying to keep it light. Cameron almost always drinks Guinness. 99% of the time, but I did get him warmed up to the idea of the Bison Grass Vodka.

4 minutes ago, Konas said:

Sorry I missed this thread. I usually drink the Vodka or heavier beers. That night I was trying to keep it light. Cameron almost always drinks Guinness. 99% of the time, but I did get him warmed up to the idea of the Bison Grass Vodka.

I regifted the irregular benge to another gamer (he hosts every Saturday night).

29 minutes ago, tgpumpkin said:

@Konas @Zoe Not counting any product not yet released to the store due to kickstarter fulfillment (ie Cocos, dice tower 2.0, etc), what is your most popular item you sell to the general public?

Ooh. Dragon Sheaths are pretty popular, both through our stock online and at conventions. (I gotta say, I'm glad I finally got my hands on one [a cake one!!!] to use as an earring holder when I travel. I thought the magnets might be annoying with all my earrings, but instead they saved them from falling to the floor and getting lost. I fricken love it.)

It's that or Adventure Cases, I think.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, tgpumpkin said:

Its Dragon Sheaths, Adventure Cases, Dice Chests in that order. Then everything else.

34 minutes ago, Konas said:

I'm quite the beer enthusiast and like trying a great many beers.  My tastes for beer go with the seasons...I like lighter, less complex beers in the summers and dark, mysterious beers in the winter.  Love trying different craft beers and tasting the different notes in each of them.  I absolut-ly can drink me some vodka as well.  ;) Needless to say, Guinness is a great beer.

Only beer style I can't stand to my knowledge....IPAs.  Blech.  

• Like 1

Thank you @Zoe and @Konas .  That would explain the huge number of sheaths I see on your store regularly.  I've seen some great sheaths and have wanted to order several of them on look alone but have no clue what I would use them for :) 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, tgpumpkin said:

I'm quite the beer enthusiast and like trying a great many beers.  My tastes for beer go with the seasons...I like lighter, less complex beers in the summers and dark, mysterious beers in the winter.  Love trying different craft beers and tasting the different notes in each of them.  I absolut-ly can drink me some vodka as well.  ;) Needless to say, Guinness is a great beer.

Only beer style I can't stand to my knowledge....IPAs.  Blech.  

Lindsey and I had a beer tasting last night. She has a little book wherein we write down our thoughts about each beer. Yesterday, I got my hands on one of my absoluter favorites. Fuller's ESB. It is sooooo amazing. Complex and perfectly balanced. We also had M-43 by Old Nation Brewing, which is an wesome IPA.  I drink almost any beer. At least once.

Niiiiceeee @Konas When I was in Nebraska for a bit I had a real challenge being able to try a lot of beers since the area I was living in was a county seat but fairly small (5500 person town).  While the selection was on the smaller end they did a decent job bringing in some solid craft beers from time to time.  Empyrean brewery out of Lincoln makes some amazing beers.  I routinely enjoyed so many of their offerings and am sad I can't get them out here.  I had some other great brews from Omaha and Lincoln area as well.  Now that I'm in Chicago-area I'm like a kid in a candy store and want to try everything.  

I can't explain why I can't get on board with the IPA's.  Ive tried.  Admittedly there were a couple that were okay but I've not found one that I found was fully enjoyable.  I don't think I've had an ESB before.  I tried a sour once and it was okay but kind of weird.  I kind of want to try a few more sours to see if its something I an get on board with..  I'll have to keep my eye out for Fullers ESB.

I will say I noticed when I was in Ann Arbor (blech ;) ) last summer I ate at a restaurant that had quite an impressive craft list.  I'd like to try a few Michigan beers next time I'm in the neighborhood.

2 minutes ago, tgpumpkin said:

Niiiiceeee @Konas When I was in Nebraska for a bit I had a real challenge being able to try a lot of beers since the area I was living in was a county seat but fairly small (5500 person town).  While the selection was on the smaller end they did a decent job bringing in some solid craft beers from time to time.  Empyrean brewery out of Lincoln makes some amazing beers.  I routinely enjoyed so many of their offerings and am sad I can't get them out here.  I had some other great brews from Omaha and Lincoln area as well.  Now that I'm in Chicago-area I'm like a kid in a candy store and want to try everything.  

I can't explain why I can't get on board with the IPA's.  Ive tried.  Admittedly there were a couple that were okay but I've not found one that I found was fully enjoyable.  I don't think I've had an ESB before.  I tried a sour once and it was okay but kind of weird.  I kind of want to try a few more sours to see if its something I an get on board with..  I'll have to keep my eye out for Fullers ESB.

I will say I noticed when I was in Ann Arbor (blech ;) ) last summer I ate at a restaurant that had quite an impressive craft list.  I'd like to try a few Michigan beers next time I'm in the neighborhood.

Yes, the beer selection around here is pretty amazing. ESB is a bit of a misnomer. Stands for Extra Special Bitter but it is much more malty than any IPA. It is really well balanced.

25 minutes ago, tgpumpkin said:

You can't swing a cat by the tail (sorry @RomyCat) in Minneapolis, without hitting a micro brewery.  You should come visit me some time @tgpumpkin.  I think it's a nice juxtaposition that you can't swing a cat by the tail and not hit a church in St Paul. 

Note: In my "prime", I lived in St Paul, near the fair grounds.  I was within 7 city blocks of 3 churches.  There were several times when I would hear the Sunday newspaper hit the stoop before I had had a chance to fall asleep.  I knew I was in trouble as those dang bells would be ringing in less than 4 hours.  Unfortunately, I was also 7 blocks or so from the Como Zoo.  If the wind was blowing strong in the correct direction, it would be a crap shoot as to whether the barking seals or the bells would drive me crazy first.

Edited by Barb Bliss
  • Like 1

@Barb Bliss I've been to Minnesota exactly one time in my life for a conference.  St. Cloud.  You have a fine state.  The roundabouts are stupid and annoying though ;)  Drive me nuts!  Hopefully someday I can get as far up there as Minneapolis.

36 minutes ago, tgpumpkin said:

I bet that was HopCat!!! I fricken love HopCat (and I hate beer aka dumpster juice)! They serve up "crack fries" and they are absolutely delicious... Also hooked on their wings, although they don't quite compare to upstate NY still.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Barb Bliss said:

You can't swing a cat by the tail (sorry @RomyCat) in Minneapolis, without hitting a micro brewery.  You should come visit me some time @tgpumpkin.  I think it's a nice juxtaposition that you can't swing a cat by the tail and not hit a church in St Paul. 

Note: In my "prime", I lived in St Paul, near the fair grounds.  I was within 7 city blocks of 3 churches.  There were several times when I would hear the Sunday newspaper hit the stoop before I had had a chance to fall asleep.  I knew I was in trouble as those dang bells would be ringing in less than 4 hours.  Unfortunately, I was also 7 blocks or so from the Como Zoo.  If the wind was blowing strong in the correct direction, it would be a crap shoot as to whether the barking seals or the bells would drive me crazy first.

Just now, tgpumpkin said:

@Barb Bliss I've been to Minnesota exactly one time in my life for a conference.  St. Cloud.  You have a fine state.  The roundabouts are stupid and annoying though ;)  Drive me nuts!  Hopefully someday I can get as far up there as Minneapolis.

It is really weird that you guys are talking about these cities - I'm reading Steinbeck's Travels with Charley and in the chapter I read before bed last night, he was getting lost specifically in Minneaopolis, trying to make it to St. Cloud. This is weird. Stop being weird, guys.

2 minutes ago, tgpumpkin said:

Minneapolis is south of St Cloud.  :-)  You must have watch a bunch of Fargo stuff.  They are always getting the directions messed up.

2 minutes ago, Zoe said:

It is really weird that you guys are talking about these cities - I'm reading Steinbeck's Travels with Charley and in the chapter I read before bed last night, he was getting lost specifically in Minneaopolis, trying to make it to St. Cloud. This is weird. Stop being weird, guys.

if Steinbeck had traveled to St Paul, he would have gotten lost.  It makes Detroit seem easy to drive around.