Sign in to follow this  
Serge Darveau

Funny things on the web.

On ‎2‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 9:26 AM, Zoxe said:

Yesterday, I drove like a Montreal Drunk Driver.  Hit a moon crater at speed just before the turn-in to our parking lot.  It's the only time I can remember thinking, "Wow, my kidneys hurt" after hitting a pot hole.  Came out after work and the tire was of course flat.

Rim looks intact but the tire shop is going to check more closely once the tire is off.  Tire is very ruined; pinched sidewall.

This is why I pack an aftermarket hydraulic jack, blanket, and 4-way wrench in all our vehicles.  Although I was in my fancy work clothes, I had the tire changed in the office parking lot in maybe 10 minutes, and still looked presentable after.  Crappy way to start a Friday evening though.

Oh no that's brutal :S

28 minutes ago, Lindsey said:

Oh no that's brutal :S

This reminds me of an MSU story.  You'll like this @tgpumpkin.  When MSU beat meat chicken a few years back on the "Paul Puntyon" play, the guy that ran the fumble in for the game winning TD had his hip dislocated (and fractured) on the play.  They tried about 3 times to pop the hip back in place when he was on the field.  No luck.  So they decided to put him in an ambulance and have the doctors at the hospital do the deed.  Poor kid was in a ton of pain (though he'll never have to pay for a drink in East Lansing again).  That is until the ambulance hit a big/deep pothole on the way to the hospital.  Bang!  Popped his hip back in place, and the pain level dropped to just a little.

• Like 2

This is the version of the upcoming Solo movie I would be most amped to see:

(Need your sound on)

Edited by LuckyIke
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, LuckyIke said:

(Need your sound on)

Please tell me I didn't see Woody Harellson in there.

Just now, Barb Bliss said:

Please tell me I didn't see Woody Harellson in there.

Search your feelings, you know it to be true.

1 minute ago, LuckyIke said:

Search your feelings, you know it to be true.

Crap.  I was hoping my gut was wrong.  I hope it's a cameo.

All I care about is that Childish Gambino (Donald Glover) is gonna be in it.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ElysianPeace said:

Seconded. With a note that I’m out of reactions. 

I see that Lewinski is claiming she was forced.  Not sure I'm buying that.

3 minutes ago, Barb Bliss said:

I see that Lewinski is claiming she was forced.  Not sure I'm buying that.

I generally try to accept anyone’s claims of vicitimization, because generally it’s something not to lie about. When you think about it the president choosing to have an affair with a young woman under his control is an abuse of power and as such a pretty slippery slope. I can absolutely understand having questions though.

I think I would change that top one to Clinton made me want to be honest. Faithfulness is an interesting concept and one that would work for that shirt for me but I foresee people reading a different meaning into it then I would. 

2 minutes ago, ElysianPeace said:

I generally try to accept anyone’s claims of vicitimization, because generally it’s something not to lie about. When you think about it the president choosing to have an affair with a young woman under his control is an abuse of power and as such a pretty slippery slope. I can absolutely understand having questions though.

I think I would change that top one to Clinton made me want to be honest. Faithfulness is an interesting concept and one that would work for that shirt for me but I foresee people reading a different meaning into it then I would. 

Typically I accept claims of victimization, but not with her.  Too many pictures of the both of them where she was loving life.  And when it came out, she never claimed to be a victim then.

5 minutes ago, Barb Bliss said:

Typically I accept claims of victimization, but not with her.  Too many pictures of the both of them where she was loving life.  And when it came out, she never claimed to be a victim then.

I was around 8 when that particular scandal broke so I don’t have your cultural frame of reference. Though I think I did hear that she’d been very clear it was a consensual relationship when it came to light. I do however think people can look back on their lives with a broader lense and see things that they had never wanted to see before, particularly with things like victimization/trauma/grooming. I do understand your reluctance to believe her at this point though.

I think regardless or how true we believe her statements to be being revealed as having been in a very culturally inappropriate relationship with the president must have been very lonely in the face of the media and the public resentment that no doubt took place. (I also have some of the same concerns for Hillary in that respect she’s suffered so much flack for her husband’s actions it’s unconscionable.)

On 2/27/2018 at 12:24 PM, ElysianPeace said:

I was around 8 when that particular scandal broke so I don’t have your cultural frame of reference. Though I think I did hear that she’d been very clear it was a consensual relationship when it came to light. I do however think people can look back on their lives with a broader lense and see things that they had never wanted to see before, particularly with things like victimization/trauma/grooming. I do understand your reluctance to believe her at this point though.

I think regardless or how true we believe her statements to be being revealed as having been in a very culturally inappropriate relationship with the president must have been very lonely in the face of the media and the public resentment that no doubt took place. (I also have some of the same concerns for Hillary in that respect she’s suffered so much flack for her husband’s actions it’s unconscionable.)

imo You have an affair with a married person, you get what you deserve.  As far as Hillary is concerned, it felt like people either felt sorry for her or saw her as a wimp for taking him back.  If she had booted him, people would have frowned on that too.  It was pretty much a no win situation for her.

14 minutes ago, Barb Bliss said:

imo You have an affair with a married person, you get what you deserve.  As far as Hillary is concerned, it felt like people either felt sorry for her or saw her as a wimp for taking him back.  If she had booted him, people would have frowned on that too.  It was pretty much a no win situation for her.

I have very harsh feelings about infidelity as a result of my childhood. In my opinion it’s one of the dumbest most cowardly choices you can make. You have a point people who make these choices do have to face the consequences they reap, but it seems impossible to properly judge people on circumstances that no one outside the situation could ever know. It just is something I’ve worked on to keep from overly embracing a bias I certainly have. 

Yes. Hillary had no choices that would endear her to everyone. Which is shitty. It really annoys me that people couldn’t just accept that whatever she chose to do was what she should do. 

Anyway thanks for this chat. It’s always good to hear other perspectives!

• Like 1

On 3/3/2018 at 1:01 PM, Serge Darveau said:

1.jpg.473739853b67949aa47a81cf422077f3.jpg2.jpg.93cb5d7a4655b1570c5e5ae3057910c1.jpg3.jpg.0def52252024bd326c7ecc4a8d0f518a.jpg4.jpg.3def9d6fefee65ca995653d888346039.jpg5.jpg.48a692f955c2853797d125e1c27a504a.jpg6.jpg.460eeb5c0afe9c20da75595831c8bb9a.jpg7.jpg.4bc3ab4e005ce1258de6509035afbdd1.jpg8.jpg.ecafe1a5fe0fe457893b45cadf4ae643.jpg9.jpg.9d514562e2382b6a526bc5f13b72602d.jpg901.jpg.e27d76a87882d079dd6889676cbdafaf.jpg902.jpg.6e18ba4e49010c8bd8285d0bdd2fcc37.jpg

I always feel so bad, because I'm unintentionally the blue person... I do really bad at just listening to the rules - they don't stick in my head for some reason. I try to read them or write them down as someone says them instead. Or!! depending on the game, I ask for a quick demo. I really appreciate games that have easy little examples built in already.

I generally just accept I'll lose the first time I play a game, though, if I can't find some other way to accommodate my terrible auditory processing.

• Like 1

On ‎2‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 11:48 AM, LuckyIke said:

(Need your sound on)

YEESSSSS! When will movie people that aren't marvel realize that we want pop culture heaped on top of our pop culture! 

Several Vikings fans went to Philadelphia, and were extremely rudely treated (including the wife getting punched in the back of the head) even though they were trying really hard not to do anything to provoke the wildlife.  It appears the rules aren't being enforced or maybe the fans are illiterate.  They left at halftime as they started fearing for life and limb.

image.thumb.png.72216a4e4b0da71dd3cd6d68b5817edc.png

47 minutes ago, Barb Bliss said:

Several Vikings fans went to Philadelphia, and were extremely rudely treated (including the wife getting punched in the back of the head) even though they were trying really hard not to do anything to provoke the wildlife.  It appears the rules aren't being enforced or maybe the fans are illiterate.  They left at halftime as they started fearing for life and limb.

image.thumb.png.72216a4e4b0da71dd3cd6d68b5817edc.png

I’m an Eagles fan and have no interest in going to a home game in person because of these kind of antics. The Linc turns into a total zoo. I blame New Jersey. 

• Haha 1