2 hours ago, Konas said:

Okay @Zoxe. I just found out that when we decided to make wooden dice, our foreman at the time purchased an airbrush for finishing them. Our normal spray gun worked better, he was supposed to return the smaller one but didn't, yada yada....we still have it and I am taking it home to use for minis. It is a Paasche TG Talon and looks like it has pretty good reviews. I have ordered the compressor from amazon that you linked on your blog and I will be off and running in the airbrush world.

I plan on watching youtube all weekend, reading your blog again, and checking out other tutorials. Any other thing I should be looking into? 

Also, ventilation. Any thoughts or resources for that?

Thanks in advance.

So Puzz is short an airbrush?

On 10/3/2019 at 11:25 AM, Konas said:

Okay @Zoxe. I just found out that when we decided to make wooden dice, our foreman at the time purchased an airbrush for finishing them. Our normal spray gun worked better, he was supposed to return the smaller one but didn't, yada yada....we still have it and I am taking it home to use for minis. It is a Paasche TG Talon and looks like it has pretty good reviews. I have ordered the compressor from amazon that you linked on your blog and I will be off and running in the airbrush world.

I plan on watching youtube all weekend, reading your blog again, and checking out other tutorials. Any other thing I should be looking into? 

Also, ventilation. Any thoughts or resources for that?

Thanks in advance.

Hullooo!

Slow in responding, just got off the cruise ship. Had normal intwerwebs through Maine but dropped offline for the Canadian ports.

Sounds like you have the basics covered in terms of equipment. 

Ventilation: I use one of the Amazon airbrush booths. I've linked mine here somewhere. Works surprisingly well to trap fumes and "dust." Mine isn't vented outside, we just run the fan and I have a couple of paper towels hose clamped over the exhaust port. I ran it for 6 months this way and checked the towels and was surprised how little crud accumulated there.

There's a ton on YouTube, but I always recommend the beginner airbrush video from miniature monthly for how to mix paint and cleaning and general troubleshooting.

I was redoing my air compressor setup to make it more convient and easier to move when needed and I got everything done upto my airbrush line and realized I'm short one male coupler :( guess I won't be priming and basing those minis I planned on doing today.

1 hour ago, marsniper_27 said:

I was redoing my air compressor setup to make it more convient and easier to move when needed and I got everything done upto my airbrush line and realized I'm short one male coupler :( guess I won't be priming and basing those minis I planned on doing today.

Boo. :(

Doesn't help you today, but I've gotten a lot of mileage out of some no-name airbrush adapter sets from Amazon.  Individual "branded" adapters can be $7 to $10, while this whole kit is about that much.  There are several out there, this is the one I grabbed:

https://smile.amazon.com/KKmoon-Professional-Airbrush-Connector-Compressor/dp/B01MF5XD8K

31 minutes ago, Zoxe said:

Boo. :(

Doesn't help you today, but I've gotten a lot of mileage out of some no-name airbrush adapter sets from Amazon.  Individual "branded" adapters can be $7 to $10, while this whole kit is about that much.  There are several out there, this is the one I grabbed:

https://smile.amazon.com/KKmoon-Professional-Airbrush-Connector-Compressor/dp/B01MF5XD8K

This is how I have the brush setup. The other end of that hose is standard 1/4 npt and I have a quick connect female on the hose out of the compressor I just miss counted and don't have a male connector for the airbrush hose.

Just need to run to hardware store and grab one of these https://www.amazon.ca/uxcell®-High-Flow-Coupler-Fitting-Quick-Connect/dp/B07L6M3MH4/ref=mp_s_a_1_17?keywords=1%2F4+npt+male+quick+connect&qid=1570390202&sr=8-17

Wife is working so couldn't get it today.

20191006_162632.jpg

18 hours ago, marsniper_27 said:

I hate when that happens.

So for those who might still be interested Badger is running their Birthday sale again this year.  Now $56 for an airbrush (plus S&H).

So it ends up being $70 for US shipping.  

Couldn't resist and ordered a Sotar even though I haven't started using the Patriot I got from them last year yet :D

http://www.badgerairbrush.com/H56B_guidelines_rules.asp

Edited by Thomas Browne
forgot link

If I was working I would be grabbing a brush with larger needles then my krome. It's nice they are doing the same price for Canadian orders too.

4 minutes ago, marsniper_27 said:

If I was working I would be grabbing a brush with larger needles then my krome. It's nice they are doing the same price for Canadian orders too.

Nod.  It's definitely a good deal when even with S&H it's like half the price they normally are.

Yes - you wait a while for these.. I think it took like 5 months for me to get mine from last years sale.. but if you're not desperate for the brush, it's worth the wait.

20 hours ago, Thomas Browne said:

So for those who might still be interested Badger is running their Birthday sale again this year.  Now $56 for an airbrush (plus S&H).

So it ends up being $70 for US shipping.  

Couldn't resist and ordered a Sotar even though I haven't started using the Patriot I got from them last year yet :D

http://www.badgerairbrush.com/H56B_guidelines_rules.asp

That has to be one of the most horrible websites I've seen in a long time.

2 hours ago, Barb Bliss said:

That has to be one of the most horrible websites I've seen in a long time.

Yeah - it is pretty like 1980's isn't it?

Definitely very bare bones.