By Lindsey

Ready to Roll?

By Lindsey

Countdown: Action Edition

By Lindsey

Mighty Dice Back In Stock!

TheAuthorOfOZ

The Official Totally-Not-Bragging-or-Showing-Off Collection Thread

I thought it might be fun, for those so inclined, for all us Barkers and/or Viking Lumberjacks to post links to our Board Game Geek profile if you have one.  Maybe you'll see a game in their list you've thought about picking up and can ask about it!  If you don't have a Board Game Geek or RPG Geek account, it's just a database website letting you track what games you have and log plays.

I know, I already created a thread about showing our board game rooms, but sometimes that doesn't encompass the full collection.  I thought this would be a cool way to share.

I also put the link to my collection in my profile, which seems like it might be better considering this thread may eventually be buried by fallen trees and leaves.  But it was a good place to start.  Navigating to your profile editor is easy.  Top right corner of the forum is your name, click it for a drop down menu.  Hit "Account Settings,"  then on the right under "Other Settings" is "Edit Profile."

Bark Loudly.

https://boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/TheAuthorOfOZ

Edited by TheAuthorOfOZ

Holy Netrunner and Agricola, @TheAuthorOfOZ! Those are two of my favs, but you have wayyyy more of the expansions for either than I do. I finally got Mice & Mystics, too, thanks to @Lindsey. I gotta play it so I can see if I need these expansions...

Ooh, I've never heard of Saloon Tycoon, @Serge Darveau! How's that?

I like this idea, Author. I don't have a profile myself, but this is a great way to see people's tastes!

33 minutes ago, Zoe said:

Holy Netrunner and Agricola, @TheAuthorOfOZ! Those are two of my favs, but you have wayyyy more of the expansions for either than I do. I finally got Mice & Mystics, too, thanks to @Lindsey. I gotta play it so I can see if I need these expansions...

Ooh, I've never heard of Saloon Tycoon, @Serge Darveau! How's that?

I like this idea, Author. I don't have a profile myself, but this is a great way to see people's tastes!

I've actually fallen out of Netrunner.  The community collapsed here so I stopped playing (could have continued online through Jinteki.net but didn't).  As for Agricola, those expansions are just for the All Creatures 2 player version.  Standard Agricola, I only have the core game (pre-reboot).  I actually have only played Mice and Mystics solo though...

• Like 1

I see, Elysian, that you have the 7th Continent on your wishlist. I will be supposedly getting it in March when the first wave arrives. I hope it lives up to its hype. 

You have a good collection. We have a number of games the same. 

• Like 1

@RomyCat I look forward to your review! It’s definitely had a bit of hype. I was too late to that party and it’s nice to have a wider audience go through new games first. 

We do! And I may start using everyone’s lists as inspiration for other games to look up next. 

On 2/10/2018 at 5:18 PM, RomyCat said:

I see, Elysian, that you have the 7th Continent on your wishlist. I will be supposedly getting it in March when the first wave arrives. I hope it lives up to its hype. 

You have a good collection. We have a number of games the same. 

I too am getting 7th Continent but am waiting until Wave 2/October.  I'm okay with that.  I have PLENTY to keep me company while I wait :)

Ooh, I had to get that pumpkin lover microbadge when I saw your, Tgpumpkin.  You have some good games in your collection. I really, really want Ticket to Ride 10th Anniversary but its far too expensive to buy now.   

How is Clank!  ?  I have been considering buying the space version of it.

18 minutes ago, RomyCat said:

Ooh, I had to get that pumpkin lover microbadge when I saw your, Tgpumpkin.  You have some good games in your collection. I really, really want Ticket to Ride 10th Anniversary but its far too expensive to buy now.   

How is Clank!  ?  I have been considering buying the space version of it.

The space version of clank is awesome, I highly recommend it. Claaaaank! Iiiiiiiinnnnn! Spaaaaaaaace!

Great collection, Yatecory. I enjoyed reading your comments on games I also own. Noticed you are a teacher who likes to share games with your students. I have brought a few like King of Tokyo to my Tech Club which meets after school and they had a blast playing.

I noticed you skipped a few letters in your collection—which means you must buy more games. You need to join my sister and I in doing the ABC Challenge on BGG. We already completed it for this year. I did have to buy a Q game—The Quest for El Dorado. Now we own. Game for every letter. ;)

• Like 1

Good collection, Adam. I'm considering backing Dinosaur Island myself. Watching the vid on Kickstarter now. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, RomyCat said:

Good collection, Adam. I'm considering backing Dinosaur Island myself. Watching the vid on Kickstarter now. 

There are a few in there I'd pass on if I could go back, but in the beginning I wasn't as savvy as I am now to my tastes.

Just now, Adam said:

There are a few in there I'd pass on if I could go back, but in the beginning I wasn't as savvy as I am now to my tastes.

Yeah, there is a few in my collection I would love to pass on to another like Vikings on Board. Got it cheap, but it still takes up room on my shelves. I have learned to try to be more picky now. I now want unique games with mechanics and themes which are not the norm.. 

7 minutes ago, RomyCat said:

Yeah, there is a few in my collection I would love to pass on to another like Vikings on Board. Got it cheap, but it still takes up room on my shelves. I have learned to try to be more picky now. I now want unique games with mechanics and themes which are not the norm.. 

Yeah, I've learned more about what mechanics and style of games I like. I don't take a lot of flyers anymore. I also do a lot more research before buying now too.

2 hours ago, RomyCat said:

You need to get a friend like my Jaemus.  90% of the time, games are at his house.  He takes donations to his "library".  He's got around 4 of my games already.  I also backed a local coffee shop when they were forced to move because their building had been sold.  The new place has a game room.  I have a bunch of games going there come spring.  Shorter/quicker games that I just don't play like "Private Die".

• Like 1