Sign in to follow this  
Lindsey

Chaos Control

Hey everyone! As you might have noticed I've been moving a bunch of threads around in the forums. There's so much awesome stuff being generated by you Barkers and CoConuts that I decided it was time to make the general discussion section more organized. You'll find new sections for games, wood, rpgs, and random stuff. This way cool threads won't get buried so quickly and new people will be able to find stuff easier. Thanks for your patience while I mess around and work to improve the forums! 

I promise not to drink too much mead while I do this...

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

You read my mine. I almost posted a suggestion several time that they should be a separate area for gaming discussion. You are doing a good job rearranging things.

Are we allowed to make other suggestions?  Mine would be add more smilies. Like a thumbs up image. I like using that one a lot.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Lindsey said:

Hey everyone! As you might have noticed I've been moving a bunch of threads around in the forums. There's so much awesome stuff being generated by you Barkers and CoConuts that I decided it was time to make the general discussion section more organized. You'll find new sections for games, wood, rpgs, and random stuff. This way cool threads won't get buried so quickly and new people will be able to find stuff easier. Thanks for your patience while I mess around and work to improve the forums! 

I promise not to drink too much mead while I do this...

I don't mean to be a buzz kill, but I don't like the reorg.  Instead of having one place where the threads are sorted by newest entry, there are folder that hide that information.  First I had to figure out where the miniature painting went.  Then I find the right folder only to find out there are no new entries.

I did have to go through and click on each thread so it can be marked as read. But once I did that, all new posts will be marked as new.

19 minutes ago, RomyCat said:

I did have to go through and click on each thread so it can be marked as read. But once I did that, all new posts will be marked as new.

You can mark each folder read with one click - towards the top of each page is a button. :):)

I like the new layout.  Some topics will get more traffic in time; in the old layout those topics could and would get drowned out with time.  

Sorry Barb. :) 

Wished I noticed that you could mark each folder read with a click. Would have saved time. Oh, well. I did discover some new posts while I was at it.

4 hours ago, RomyCat said:

You read my mine. I almost posted a suggestion several time that they should be a separate area for gaming discussion. You are doing a good job rearranging things.

Are we allowed to make other suggestions?  Mine would be add more smilies. Like a thumbs up image. I like using that one a lot.

Man, I spotted a bunch of grammar errors in my own post, but I'm not allowed to go back in edit it now.  The English teacher in me is very disappointed in my lack of proper spelling. I guess its a good thing I moved over to teaching tech classes instead of English. 

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Zoxe said:

You can mark each folder read with one click - towards the top of each page is a button. :):)

I like the new layout.  Some topics will get more traffic in time; in the old layout those topics could and would get drowned out with time.  

Sorry Barb. :) 

The only difference now is that you have to click twice instead of once.  Seems like every website on the internet gets worse UI so that phones work better.

14 hours ago, RomyCat said:

I'll look into it! I'd love to get a bunch more cool emojis. 

13 hours ago, Barb Bliss said:

I don't mean to be a buzz kill, but I don't like the reorg.  Instead of having one place where the threads are sorted by newest entry, there are folder that hide that information.  First I had to figure out where the miniature painting went.  Then I find the right folder only to find out there are no new entries.

I know it's a bit jarring at first but bear with me and it will get easier. I left links to all the threads so you can check to see where I moved stuff if your not sure. I think it's better to do this earlier rather then have to re-organize 100 threads. Also I noticed that threads turn bold if they have new content I haven't seen.  Hope that helps!

10 hours ago, RomyCat said:

Man, I spotted a bunch of grammar errors in my own post, but I'm not allowed to go back in edit it now.  The English teacher in me is very disappointed in my lack of proper spelling. I guess its a good thing I moved over to teaching tech classes instead of English. 

I'm pretty sure you know no one at Dog Might is going to judge. Have you seen some of our updates? 

This reorganization is how MOST forums I visit work.  It's good to have things categorized.  There's plenty of sections I never read in other forums.  Also, for those complaining about having to navigate a few clicks, just go to your most visited sub-forum and make a bookmark in your browser for it, and click that instead!

• Thanks 1