Why should the Dice subforum have all the fun?  Here are several RPG Kickstarters that have caught my eye recently:

The Complete Curse of Roslof campaign: talk about old school--these folks have a cottage industry going of creating 90's era "orange binder" books, complete with gorgeous cover art.  This most recent project involves a huge dungeon crawl, but they've got other titles I'm picking up as well.

Legends of Avallen: a Celtic-Roman TTRPG: Yeah, I know, another European fantasy RPG, but this one looks to bring its own flavor to a crowded genre.  It's actually being written by a couple Welsh residents to boot!  

Into the Fey: a 5e Compatible Module: I'm not a fan of gritty realism in my RPGs generally--when I'm playing a fantasy game I want magic, planar travel, fey, the works!  So this module is pretty much right up my alley (and again, great cover art).

The Red Opera RPG: Remember what I said above about wanting lots of magic in my fantasy games?  This 5e campaign setting takes place in a city where the walls between worlds are thin, and where warlocks and their patrons rule.  Plus it's based on a metal album, which seems particularly appropriate for the Warlock class.  Insta-back for me!  

...This is going to be an expensive month if I back all of these.  At least I'll have plenty of fodder to run games with if we're stuck at home for the foreseeable future!  

Edited by EdInSeattle
6 minutes ago, Konas said:

The Red Opera is the one I am looking forward to the most. Warlocks and Heavy Metal....sounds like my 20s. 😋

The biggest disconnect for me is that the music that's actually paired with the game will be an orchestral version of the metal album, if I understand it correctly.  Not symphonic metal (which I love), but just an orchestra cover.  The clip I heard sounds great, but wasn't what I was expecting when I heard "heavy metal RPG"! 

I mean, I'm still going to back it...Wizards and the more modern Sorcerers were always more my jam, but I can get behind those people who get their powers through making risky deals!

RPG's do deserve the spotlight.  I've been supporting the Battle Mat series through 3 campaigns. While the latest is already over and will soon be delivering, I wanted to give them a shutout. They often give us backers lots of extra digital stuff while development is going on that is not even mentioned in the actual Kickstarters.  Just Thursday they gave us an Adventure Module to accompany their Towns & Towers map book. 

Link: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/gamingbooks/towns-and-taverns-2-modular-books-of-battle-mats-for-roleplay/description

13 hours ago, marsniper_27 said:

It looks so good but I haven't gotten to play my humblewood set yet so am trying to hold off from backing heckna.

I pledged Humblewood but cancelled out when something else (probably from Awaken Realms) ate my wallet.

15 hours ago, marsniper_27 said:

It looks so good but I haven't gotten to play my humblewood set yet so am trying to hold off from backing heckna.

Not to throw gas on the fire, but the next stretch goal up introduces a whole new way to play Heckna.  As his minions!

An update to Heckna had this link.  (Let's roll players).  Pretty funny.  

I've never subscribed to anything on youtube, and am relatively clueless as to how it all works.  If one were to subscribe, how do you even know when a new "episode" is coming out?  Do you have to subscribe to youtube in general AND these guys or just a few that you would be interested in.  What's approximately the break even for when subscribing to youtube is cheaper than individual subscriptions?

On 9/14/2020 at 11:22 AM, Barb Bliss said:

I've never subscribed to anything on youtube, and am relatively clueless as to how it all works.  If one were to subscribe, how do you even know when a new "episode" is coming out?  Do you have to subscribe to youtube in general AND these guys or just a few that you would be interested in.  What's approximately the break even for when subscribing to youtube is cheaper than individual subscriptions?

@Konas / @WxCougar / @EdInSeattle / @marsniper_27 Can someone answer my questions?

On 9/14/2020 at 12:22 PM, Barb Bliss said:

You can only subscribe to series that you want to follow. I don't think you get an email when new episodes drop but they will be shown in your feed when you open youtube. I have never paid for anything on youtube. Subscriptions are free. The producers get money from advertising only I believe when they get a high level of subs. I am no expert but I think I am correct. 

3 minutes ago, Barb Bliss said:

Yes.  I'll try subscribing and see how different youtube.com looks for me.

Excellent. I'm subbed to about 35 channels. All free. There are some great DM advice channels out there. Mini painting ones as well. I also like terrain crafting ones as well.

Taking 20, Black Magic Craft, Dungeoncraft, Shut up and sit down, and Tabletop Minions are all channels I really dig.

5 minutes ago, Konas said:

Excellent. I'm subbed to about 35 channels. All free. There are some great DM advice channels out there. Mini painting ones as well. I also like terrain crafting ones as well.

Taking 20, Black Magic Craft, Dungeoncraft, Shut up and sit down, and Tabletop Minions are all channels I really dig.

Out of reactions, but thanks!

13 hours ago, Barb Bliss said:

Yes.  I'll try subscribing and see how different youtube.com looks for me.

There /is/ an option to subscribe to "Youtube Premium," fyi--it basically means you never have to watch commercials.  As often as I'm on YT, it's worth the fee!